• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Hanging Around - Hammock Questions

I did lots of research. I mean a crap load, and near as I can tell there are many good choices. You need to decide where and how you plan to use it.

Some you buy and then tweak and fiddle and make it right, the WBBB XLC seemed to be ready to go right out of the box. I'm a bigger guy so chose the XLC version in the heavier fabric which gave me more confidence in hanging. I also chose the double layer option because I planned on using a pad instead of an underquilt, at least for a little while. The Jacks R' Better looked good and there was one other that was on my short list whose name escapes me right now. I chose to spend the big money on an upper end one because I didn't want to buy something and yearn for more comfort/quality and then end up spending the money in the long run, ending up wasting $$$ on a lesser version of what I really wanted.

Not sure where you are but if you are ever through this way I amour than willing to demonstrate this one and let you try it out. That goes for anybody really.

Offer is much appreciated but the distances are GREAT! (I am on the RI/CT border in New England area). I have come across a few hangers in the ADKs of New York and they are a very opinionated and passionate bunch. I read and absorb as much as possible and at some point will probably invest in one and then probably another to get it just right... and start selling off some of the tents accumulated over the years.

Just got home after spending 4 nights in the BWCA hanging between pine trees. I'm going to try and post a trip report with a few pics in the next few days.

I know I'm late to this party, but Southcove, I'll echo Reds offer to let you borrow my hammock system if your on the fence, and I also live on the RI side of the RI/CT border.

I even have to property to try it out on if you like!

Back