• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

For Sale Loonworks Button SOLD

Reaction score
Custom built by Tom MacKenzie, 11' solo, 25 pounds, wood/ceconite, birds eye maple trim, includes custom bag by The Bag Lady. Could be a great pack canoe by lowering seat and double blading. This one really hurts to sell as Tom was a personal friend...just don't have a choice. Sacrifice $1,400.

Attachments

• photo6731.jpg
    photo6731.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo6732.jpg
    photo6732.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 4
  • photo6733.jpg
    photo6733.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 4
  • photo6734.jpg
    photo6734.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 4
Excellent bigger kids small lady canoe

Aargh. What a great price. Notice the meticulous craftsmanship
Yes to release a Loon Works boat hurts. They are no longer made
Steve did you contact Charlie Wilson?

just beautiful craftsmanship, would love to be able to admire it in person

You there is not many time I wish I'd live in the US lower 48, but since your last few post I really wish I was closer!! These 2 canoes would have been hard to pass!!

I am lucky enough to have two Loon Works Canoes.. I am lucky that for now I can keep them. Tom had a sense of humour. He knew I hated beech. So he made a "work canoe". What that meant is that I could not specify wood and he might spend less time making the boat except that I did say I wanted half ribs to augment the standard ribs. To this day his wife has not forgotten that though maybe I have been forgiven. She got to stand under the hull with the clinching iron.
I have a Loon Works Duet trimmed out with thwarts and seats and decks made out of... beech. He wound up spending just as much time as on a fancier boat.. maybe more since I helped.

Back