• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Favorite Dessert

Reaction score
Our favorite tripping dessert is instant Oreos Cookies and Cream pudding.

I purchase a box and split it in two parts in a zip lock bag. Then I add enough Nido powdered milk for one cup of milk at home in the bag also.

When it is time for our dessert and only add ¾ of a cup of water and put the bag into the lake for about 15 minutes. It will set up very firm with the ¾ cup of water.

Works great with any of the instant / cheese cake puddings.

I get the Nido Milk at Wal-Mart in the Hispanic Foods Isle, much better tasting than other instant milks. :)

Re: Favorite Dessert

Yes it is whole milk. Tastes like the real thing. I know people that mix it up to use on their morning cereal also. I do skim milk all the rest of the year so the little fat doesn't bother me.

I use it in any of my Hamburger Helper type meals that calls for milk.

I also like to add a scoop of it into my powdered eggs that I get from www.eggstore.com .They make great scrambled eggs. I get the 40 whole egg bag for $10. Best tasting powdered eggs I have eaten. Like taking egg beaters that I freeze to keep my soft side cooler cold for the first couple days, but if not having oatmeal, its egg store eggs all the way.

Re: Favorite Dessert

I can't get powdered eggs around here and didn't know a good online source. Thanks for the Link!

That is one of my fav desserts too. I do vanilla pudding with oreos. If you can't find NIDO, look for KLIM in the oriental section. Both are Nestle brand and whole milk powder. Also be careful when buying nido, there is also a nido milk FORMULA for babies... you DONT want that. yeachh.

Solo I don't dessert.Tandem sometimes I take along a few of those Jello with mixed fruit single servings for an occasional treat. That is if there are not too many portages!

Death Valley is my favorite by far, but I guess that's actually part of the Mojave... we spent some time there hiking, usually after sunset when the temps went way down to 110F, we even saw those Uhmmm Oops!!

Alright, I'm on track now...I love those freeze dried ice cream sandwiches, along with a fresh cup of Earl Grey (from leaf, not the prebagged junk). I used to wait for the trip home to stop at a Stewart's and have a chocolate malted shake, but as my metabolism has changed these have moved to the banned substance list...

Last edited:
Going along with that idea that life is uncertain; eat the desert first. For my "desert" I put cinnamon in the oatmeal at breakfast. Tastes great and weighs nothing.
Rob

p.s. I agree about the NIDO, don't know what you folks on the east coast use but for me a great source of all kinds of delicious cereal products, do you know about Bob's Red Mill? Love their cornbread muffin mix!

I have always used instant puddings and the Jello Cheesecakes. I used Nido this year and everyone found it to make a far superior dessert. I still cut back on the water but am slowly increasing that. I did not want to mess with the proper crust prep one night and to fix a Jello Cherry Cheesecake I split the crust mix into four bowls, added the filling and squirted the cherry mix on top. The only way I will do it from now on, it was awesome and so much easier!

I can personally vouch for the Cheesecake...FANTASTIC!!

IMG_1957.jpg

Last edited:
Hogan,

Yes sir, that was hard to beat!! We ate that on steak and beer night on Windy B@#$% Rock on Royd Lake. Man that was an incredible treat ... good call buddy.

Bob.

I like the chocolate cake do you like it?????Well Every European people have liked it because it has very tasty and delicious,So if any body wants to share any ideas about it then please share me dude???????:):):)

Well my goodness that little Demarcus has been a busy little bunny!

What's that stuff that gets rid of ringworm?

Rob

I second the Nido whole milk powder. Been using it for many years. I use it in anything that either calls for milk, or could use some extra calories. Works well in bannock mix. I buy the big #10 can at Walmart, $13.95 as I recall. Seems like a really good deal for the amount. For long term storage I keep opened cans tightly sealed and in the freezer.

Good quality dehydrated eggs, available from several different sources, are much better these days than they were not so long ago. Be sure to add the recommended amount of water to the egg powder, and do it very slowly to avoid lumps. Less water makes the eggs too stiff and nasty tasting.

One of my favorite desserts is fruit compote. Since I usually have several kinds of home dehydrated fruit with me, I mix up what I have with a little water, some tapioca (a great thickener, I always carry some if there is a chance to make compote), and a little sugar. Throw in some Nido too, what the heck. Simmer slowly to thicken and soften the fruit. Then be creative with topping... use bannock to cook a crust under a twiggy fire lid, or simply mix in some graham cracker crumbs and eat as is.

Apple crisp from scratch in the dutch oven.... It is a winner every year!!

I like fruit cobbler in a DO. Fresh or canned berries are my favorite with cake or muffin mix like almond poppy seed or orange/cranberry. It usually gets eaten right out of the pot and there is never any leftover.

Apple crisp is also right up there.

Back