• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Donations

Thanks for the background regarding IT upgrades and costs Robin. Knowing more about the challenges you-we face helps to put everything into focus. I get an earful from my wife every week about her IT battles at her office. Throw hackers into the mix and, well, let's just say that if I were your next door neighbour, I'd be tiptoeing and not slamming my car door. I don't know how you've managed so far, unless you've got the patience of a saint. Thank you Robin for all this hard work; and congratulations for running just about the best paddling forum anywhere. Oh, and please pass along a long overdue thank you to IT John.

ps There was nothing dumb about sharing your frustrations. These things are good to know.

I think, given the chance that you can find a fair bit of support from the members here. Regardless if it should it be financial or personal support needed. :)

Hope we can share in another year of trip reports and stories from the shoreline!

I was on the list of those who were not paying attention and missed the need for donations. I did not catch the "donate" post but sure spotted the site shutting down post!! Vonnie had taken care of that for me and if you still decide to close the site do not return my money. I thank you for all you have done for us.

Sorry,I read this after the soap opera one. Even I can sent checks!
Turtle

Turtle

Turtle

Turtle, same here. I’m not Paypal aware, and have enough Home Depot problems with credit cards (I cut up the wrong one for starters). But old school USPS and a check still works for me.

I’ve read through the various thread suggestions and, if the site can be maintained financially by user donations, I would not be averse to some limited prohibition imposed on non-contributors. Maybe a restriction on posting photo links. I have no idea how complex that might be.

I don’t know nothing ‘bout hosting a site with photos, but I expect I take up some excess bandwidth. A dollar a day would be small change to keep this community together will full privileges.

And being part of the CanoeTripping tribe is a privilege. If we trippers – a group I have always thought most generous and helpful – can not belly up to sustain this site our just rewards will be….crickets.

Donation sent! This is my first post here but I've learned a lot over the last couple months and it's absolutly worth every penny. I'm a kayak convert trying to learn the ins and outs. Thanks Robin and all the other Knights of the Knowledge Table. Randy

Threw some money in the pot just now, myself. Do keep us apprised of the money situation as time passes, and if the coffers need some more topping up. I would be glad to do an annual amount.

Jim

Made my donation today. I don't need a pat on the back, or a cookie...just a friendly reminder to those that have been meaning to help keep this great site going.

Thank you for all you're doing Robin.

Chris

Back