• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Chestnut Chum in Mass.

Coldfeet - Congrats!!! I know you've been looking to learn the secret handshake for a long time. Glad you've finally been able to enter the club. Maybe someday I'll be able to join you.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

Coldfeet do not paddle that in salt water. The tacks, unless they are copper will self destruct. My first Old Town I bought from a guy in Montauk and it had been used in salt water most of its life and I continued to do so. When I had to redo the canvas I did my best to mitigate the damage and added new tacks, varnish and lots of scrubbing. It is self destructing on the rack and has not been in the water since I did the recanvas job. Frankly I don't know what to do with it. The chemical blooms around each tack and the varnish pealing away is really discouraging.
Jim

Thanks folks,
Mem, great video haha
Jim, I sure won't do that. I did a ton of reading and learned that right away. This boat will have to travel over the bridges when ever I want to use it.
I wonder if I can sneak it into my neighbors pool for a spin? Ha.
Talk soon, health and happiness.

Robin's website has cost me $
Old town royalex, chestnut chum and snowtrekker! Life is good. Why not me? Best to all.

My canoe partner jokes a Crack habit might be cheaper then what we've spent in the past couple on Canoeing.

Edit: And on that note I just got a phone call, my new Swift Prospector 16 is waiting for pickup at the Algonquin Outfitters.

Last edited:
Back