• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Canoetripping.net Fund Raiser

Reaction score
It's time again to ask the membership to help keep the website up and running by considering offering a small donation.

This year due to the rapid success of the website, our hosting fee went from $18 a month to $85 a month. The IT guy earns another few hundred a year for his services. These are the only expenses we have so it should be an easy goal to reach considering how many members we now have and how generous the folks have been in the past.

I might be wrong, but I think this site is probably one of a few or maybe the only canoe site with the amount of traffic generated each day that:

Has no advertisements
Free classified
No limit on image size or amount of images you can post (I believe this feature has helped make Canoetripping.net the great site it has become)
Has no paid administrators and is not subsidized by an outside group.

I also believe we have the most friendly, funny, knowledgeable and sharing group of canoe people out there, but I'm biased I guess.

So please consider donating, $15 is great, anything over that is very generous.

My PayPal address is Robin D. Lauer, (rdlauer_00@yahoo.com)which is also the Canoetripping.net account. Please include your user name if it is different that your Paypal account.

I am not renting a PO box this year to save funds. I'll take a chance, post my address and ask folks to send a check to,

Robin Lauer
171 Grantville Rd
Norfolk, Ct 06058

Thanks for your continued support.
Robin

Last edited:
Tis going to be the holiday season soon and on one forum last year it was fun to pass along camping and canoeing gear that was no longer used. Usually small items. It was kind of pay it forward.. If you got something you passed on something

Maybe we could do a variant on that. A thread called Pass it on.. The poster states what it is. The recipient of course gets it and values it. To the extent they value it they donate to Canoetripping,net

Yup I forgot to mention the raffle. For those who donate you get a chance at winning either a lightly used "Woods" canoe pack or a "Twig" stove built by one of our members or a slightly used Helinox One chair, like new. Details to follow.
If you have a canoe tripping item that you would like to donate to be increase interest in the fund raiser it would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind international shipping could be expensive so send me a message first so we can discuss the details.

Last edited:
Tis going to be the holiday season soon and on one forum last year it was fun to pass along camping and canoeing gear that was no longer used. Usually small items. It was kind of pay it forward.. If you got something you passed on something

Maybe we could do a variant on that. A thread called Pass it on.. The poster states what it is. The recipient of course gets it and values it. To the extent they value it they donate to Canoetripping,net

Thanks for the idea but I think I'll just go with a fund raiser at this point.

Please check your Paypal account, and let me know.
Hopefully it went through !

Thanks Robin !

​Jim

Just sent you some $, not much unfortunately, but better than nothing! Long life to this site and you Robin!!

Back