• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Canoecopia 2022

Reaction score

I sure would love to go to this, but it would be a helluva drive from Tallahassee FL! And yes, I’d have to drive it, because I’m sure I’d have to bring a boat home.

Anyone going? Anyone been?

There is also a $15 virtual option which may suit me better. For those who did the virtual option last year, was it worth it?

Does anyone know of large gathering in the SE US?

I've never been in person. The virtual option was worth it, especially since you had several weeks of access to the presentations. All presentations were enjoyable, some only for the unintended humor. :)
I was somewhat disappointed to see that many presentations are not included via virtual access this year.

Last edited:
We flew out West to ski and returned via Madison so we could see and touch stuff but not buy because airlines wont check in canoes.
Because there is no opportunity to try anything on water we don't feel we are missing out equioment wise
The presentations were often good depending on how well the presenter engaged the audience.
I'd like to see all presentations virtual
Some were very crowded
Would I drive 30 hours each way to go? Absolutely not

Started going maybe around 2005. Was ready for 2020 - on site evening before - when they canceled it. Virtual last year. Have my tickets (from 2020!) and hotel. Planning on driving but might decide to fly at last minute. I like the presentations most but enjoy looking at products and talking to manufacturers. Top of my list.

I’m busy working in DC on a big project but if it lets up and the timing is right I would like to go. I’ll drive and wouldn’t need an excuse to buy a canoe. I’ll leave a shout out here if it comes to fruition. I’d be happy to throw a canoe on top for someone.

Barry

Jake and I will be at the show, he is a therapy dog and is allowed. we have our hotel room ready. I am looking forward to visiting with folks I only get to see in the bush or at Copia. We always have a great time.

I went a few years ago with a couple of my paddling buddies, we really enjoyed it. It was an opportunity to see a lot of new canoes/gear first hand and talk to the manufacturers. While the gear show is going on, there are presentations on various topics, typically about an hour long each with the more popular repeating at different time slots thru the weekend. There maybe as many as 10 at one time during the mid-day time slots. It's a 7 hour drive for me, so I spend part of the drive with a highlighter planning out which presentations I want to see at what time......Then of course we hit the local breweries for lunch/dinner.....The last time I went, when I arrived home, my wife greeted me at the door and then looked over my shoulder and said "where's your new canoe? I can't believe you drove all the way up there and didn't bring home a canoe." Oh well.......

Mike

I've been a number of times, even went a couple of years as a vendor for Merrimack canoes. This year I'm taking a big leap and am doing a presentation on canoe camping with your pup. It's a great event and I'm hoping to be able to take in a bunch of the other presentations while I'm there.
Bella canoeing.jpg

I went about ten years ago. I drove 8 hours each way, and thought it was worth it. When they offered it digitally last year, I signed up and enjoyed the sessions I watched. To me, it’s really the only thing like it. When I went physically, I especially enjoyed seeing and touching the items the vendors brought. Last year, I felt like I got my money’s worth out of the presentations. In some ways, just seeing and hearing people talk about something I enjoy doing was worth the money.

Back