• Happy National Bugs Bunny Day (1938)!❓⬆️👨🏼‍⚕️

C & B's Algonquin Adventure 2016

Nice video, the opening map was pretty impressive, David's description of a family of Loon's was classic David " There was a mother and 4 ducklings", plus he made friends with some other NY'ers, looking forward to part 2....nice fish btw.:rolleyes:

Thanks Robin. Part II is posted and the fishing improves: https://youtu.be/pboqEu75ZlI I have plans in the works for a return Algonquin trip for Brookies in 2017 just after ice out... but in the meantime... fall and winter adventures await.

Bioguide - Finally got to watch both videos. Thanks for sharing. You looked pretty surprised when the loon popped up behind you while you were swimming. My guess is most of us would have reacted the same way.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Good stuff Bioguide, I'm a big fan of those Ovaeasy eggs, that's good eat'n, looked great with the sausage in it. Sure it pretty up there.

Having paddled and camped with David (coldfeet), I know you had to spend a lot of time laughing both with him and at him. Two scenes struck me as typical of a Coldfeet paddle. One was him looking at the map, which reminded me of the time he couldn't find the Indian Carry from Corey Creek while reading the paddlers map. Which leaves me amazed that he's not still wandering the Canadian wilderness. The other is his falling in while getting into his boat, which is something both of us seem to practice on a fairly regular basis. Robin got to witness why Coldfeet (David) and I consider paddling a wet sport. -- Ray

It's great You got that loon on film ! Being suprised by wildlife must come along with an algonquin trip , about 8 years ago we were going from Grand lake thru barrons canyon , while camped on Stratton at the fire ,I commented to a buddie, "How do you like your new dog". he replied " I don't have a dog " . "I said turn around", He turned to find a fox sitting pretty as a picture within inches of his right elbow !

Last edited:
I enjoyed those videos also, the loon while you where swimming was a great shot, surprised me too. It didn't sound like you where a big fan of cold handle frying pans at first but your eggs looked very good. I bet some trout would really go well with it next spring!

Looks like you guys had a good time.

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/DavidShwide/media/Algonquin/P8220028_zpsicnqpgz1.jpg.html

Hope this works, wanted to add captions but I'm once again in a rush to go somewhere. Story of my life. Pics of a moose in a few shots standing on land and in the water. also pic of bald eagle when you see some tree pics. Maybe someone can chime in to help me add the captions. Thanks

PS, Watersypder, I'm still searching! Went with TheIndian today and paddled into the creek at the head of the Nissy at high tide this morning. Was difficult to paddle out into the tide but I cheated with a double blade. then used the Fox paddle. Talk soon.

I think I messed up the link because when I clicked on it I was able to add captions. Hmmm, that could be a problem if the public can do it.
Bioguide, did you see that capability when I sent you the link?

I noted in the first video you got yourself a nice Yellow Perch. The meat of the perch is actually tastier than that of pickerel (walleye) but of course you either need more fish or bigger ones and filleting takes a tad longer, but the taste is worth it. Also, Bluegills are mighty tasty as well and I also have a fondness for eating Small-mouth Bass.

I noted in the first video you got yourself a nice Yellow Perch. The meat of the perch is actually tastier than that of pickerel (walleye) but of course you either need more fish or bigger ones and filleting takes a tad longer, but the taste is worth it. Also, Bluegills are mighty tasty as well and I also have a fondness for eating Small-mouth Bass.

I love perch but as you mention you need more of them and the small mouth I caught was after dinner of the night before we had to leave otherwise I would have been frying some fish in that coldhandle frying pan (which I do like a lot).

I think I didn't close out of the site and anyone can edit it. So confused. Will try to figure it out next week, sorry.

Last edited:
Coldfeet - Thanks for your photos! They show your perspective as well so they're a nice compliment to Kelly's videos. One thing though, what you identify as "tulips" in your photo are what I've been taught are Pitcher plants. But you're correct, the insects walk in and never come out. Great plant to see in the wild.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Hello Bioguide: Nice video. My dad hurt his knee climbing up the devil's staircase a few years back. Nice to see that you travelled to Canada to do a canoe trip.

Take care,
Cousin Pete

Thanks Cousin Pete. Yes, I finally made it to Canada for an outing thanks to Coldfeet's incentive and planning. I'm hoping to do similar trips and I'm jonesing for a Canadian winter trek sometime soon!

Back