• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

WTB SnowTrekker 8x10 Basecamp and Stove or Similar

I just did a search and found these out in NE. We used to use these at summer camp in the Adirondacks. I emailed the seller to ask if they are interested in shipping to NJ and the shipping cost. I am interested in one and at $150 they are a deal. Let me know if you would be interested in one as well, maybe by shipping two, they may be more willing to ship if they would not consider it before.
https://omaha.craigslist.org/spo/5797610136.html

T
here is this one on Ebay as well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANVAS-WALL-...gAAOSwMtxXt3iF

Cool, I'd definitely give that a chance at $150 plus shipping. Let me know, thanks!

and thanks to others for comments..I'd hit the like button if we had one here.

Last edited:
Ok I emailed them again, no responses yet. I didn't ask about frames. We had them set up on platforms which had an external 2x4 for the wall, I don't recall what kind of frame was inside, Probably a ridgeline spreader and poles at each door. Campmor has adjustible poles if needed.
I got some shipping quotes from USPS, UPS and Fedex. Based on a guesstimate of 50lb, 48" x14" x14" they were all under $75 to NNJ. :). The posting went up a month ago so let's hope at least 3 are still available and they are willing to ship..

Last edited:
Personally, the scout tent thing brings back many sort of unpleasant memories... biting and crawling bugs, no bug screens, stiflyingly high internal temps during the summer, snoring tentmates, foul latrines, bad food... but I think I LOVED it at the time! Waited all year long for those 1-2 weeks!

I have one of these tents too, mine is a cotton nylon blend and as mentioned recently to other folks here, cries out for a stove jack, snow flaps and a proper internal frame. Mine has 4 venting windows in the side short walls that will see homemade clear plastic windows to bring in much needed light given the tent body color.

Good luck to those wanting to buy these...

They replied. They didn't answer if they accepted Paypal, I gave him the shipping quotes based on the weight and dimensions I posted before. I am asking about the weight and dimensions. Here is the reply:
willing to sell them to you and pack and ship them if you are willing to pay shipping. we are selling these to raise funds for our boy scout troop, so can’t incur any extra costs. we have 5 tents left.
BTW I had to check junk email to see answer.

Last edited:
bcelect, sorry but I have to bail on it. I might have a chance to pick up something locally, a bit smaller but less weight which will allow me to drag it somewhere. Good luck, and maybe we can meet up near Harriman and do some stealth hot camping. Also trying to set up a mini gathering soon in NY.

No problem, I know they made of heavy canvas so I am planning on using mine for hot tenting, hopefully pulled on a sled, or now on a canoe cart. I am waiting for them to respond with the actual weight and dimensions of the box. Now I will have to start looking for a stove, jack and pipe.
Harriman sounds good.

Last edited:
ok, thanks for the update and following up. I think for the price it would make for a fine first tent to mess with although i'm still looking for a ST.
I'm less than an hour to Harriman or Delaware State Forest in PA if you open the invite.

Thought I had one all day but seller went local instead. Tent will stay in Ely.
Let me shake the dust off your ST if it's sitting around and share some trip reports.
​I'll be driving up 87N on Thursday for a final canoe camping and can do a pick-up.

Sorry to hear. It appeared like you were next in line for it. The shipping hassle usually makes sellers think twice. Those tents do not last long in the classifieds. You could reach out to one of the rental outfitters and get on a used tent sale reservation list.
I am still waiting to hear back on the scout tents, if I don't see an email tomorrow I will call.
Snowtrekker rental outfitters. http://www.snowtrekkertents.com/rentals.html

Last edited:
I will have one of these coming my way soon, I hope. http://omaha.craigslist.org/spo/5876515219.html
The tent is $150 + $111 shipping to NJ without poles. If you want the poles the shipping for them is over $100 alone. Just in case anybody is interested, after mine is shipped there will be 4 left. This is a scout troop selling their heavy tents in order to purchase lightweight ones. Shipping weight for the tent is 27 lbs.
Sorry for hijacking the thread, Greenfrog is looking for a Snowtrekker and Stove.

Last edited:
A panther mini or midget wall tent would be my choice for winter camp if I was alone. I would get it in lightest non fire retardant sunforger fabric. A small sheet metal stove would heat it fine. The best small stove would be long enough for 18" wood, but narrow and short.
Turtle

Thanks for all the help on this, especially bcelect. Not wanting to wait any longer on a used setup, I made an order today for a new 8x10 exp shortwall with the small knico stove and 3" pipe. Might add a velcro screen and vinyl door option myself in the future. Went back and forth on this and the 9.5x11 with medium stove but had to make a choice. See yah in the deep cold snowy woods or out on a lake yelling fish on!!! Can't wait to combine it with a canoe trip.

Congrats! I'm hoping that I too can pick up one of those in the near future. So, why that size? I was also thinking about those, what if times others join me. Nice holiday present!

Congrats! I'm hoping that I too can pick up one of those in the near future. So, why that size? I was also thinking about those, what if times others join me. Nice holiday present!

I dont know if I made the best choice but I know it was a good one. Went back n forth on what size and stove. Experience will make that more clear. Figure most likely me plus 1 with ice fishing or hunting gear. So good 2 person size, still great for solo and possible room for 3 if gear is stashed outside under tarp shelter.

You won't regret it, I think for 1 or 2 person, and really rarely 3 you will be please with the smaller size, the 9x11.5 is really big for 2 and great for 3, can accommodate four but need to be really good friends!!

Back