• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Wpascr 20134

Reaction score
The Coopers Lake campground calendar has the solo canoe event listed for 7-9 June. The WPASCR site shows it being held the weekend before. Can anyone(yellowcanoe???) shed some light on actual dates?
Dave

Its the weekend before.. Coopers Lake must not have updated the event on their website. Its a HUGE campground,and even our little gathering of 100 or so canoes does not begin to fill it. There really wont be many other campers there. Coopers Lake Campground goes nuts in August with the Mideval Jousting fest and tournament. Check out the castle in the cow field!

Thanks, YC. I plan on being there. I need to learn how to get more power into my stroke and more speed out of my canoe.

Looking forward to seeing you. Marc Ornstein and I can definitely help and there will be others there too. Instruction is informal...more like sharing.

I know yellowcanoe won't be making this event. Is anyone else going to the Western PA Solo Canoe Rendezvous next weekend?
Dave

I can't really justify a four hundred dollar gasoline bill for a two day event. Its some 750 miles from here and a day and a half each way, and I have to run from Maine to CT the following week.plus teach the Thursday after WPSCR at the venue of Maine Canoe Symposium.

Sorry I will miss you.

Back