• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Woodland Caribou P.P. - Photos

Wowee. Not a bad shot in the bunch!

Beautiful area and you really captured it with your camera. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Hello Canoeguitar: The photos were absulutely breath taking. Thank you very much for sharing. I really need to learn how to take night photos. The ones that I have tried to take look really lousy. I currently have a Canon PowerShot A720 IS. If I get a tripod, and I do some research on taking night photos, do you think that with the camera I have, that I may be able to take some night shots that come somewhat close to taking the quality of night shots that you get?

Take care,
Cousin Pete

Last edited:
When I show photos of places I love and want to share, I need to say, “ These snap shots don’t do it justice.” When I see and share your photo art of the boreal I say, “ My God, that’s exactly how wondrous it really is!” I’ve seen some of it. Some day I hope to see more of it. Thanks Mike for sharing your talent, and the world we see, as perfectly as it really is. You are a talented and generous artist. Thank you.

Thanks all for the kind words.

@ Cousin Pete - if you're interested in stepping up your low-light & night photography, you'll really need a DSLR & a tripod. Also, having a lens with a maximum aperture of at least f2.8 is a big advantage. Learning how to use a DSLR, and understanding the fundamentals of photography are key if you want to take effective low light shots. After that it comes down to experimentation and your creativity. Lots of fun when hanging out around the evening fire!

Back