• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Wood Canvas Canoes to trade

Reaction score
I'm looking for 2 wood canvas Chestnuts in restore-able condition, any two of these models-14' Fox, 15' Chum, 16' Prospector, 15' Bob's, 16' Pal or Deer

I will trade 4 restoreable wood canvas canoes for 2 Chestnuts, or one good Chestnut and I'll throw in some cash,
:
17' BN Morris, date unknown but somewhere around the turn of the century(very restore-able and a somewhat valuable canoe)
18' Kennebec-1923,
17' Penobscot-1918,
Old Town OTCA 16', 1943

NW Connecticut

4 boats for 2?

I think the Fox would be too small for you, Robin, but I have a pre-WW2 16 foot Canadian I can trade for say... that BN Morris. It is wonderful, and odd at the same time, your love for Chestnut canoes. I'll see what I can find up here, but I would bet you have a lot more Chestnuts available down your way than out here in the prairies.

Karin

I agree, the Fox at 14' is small, but for day trips around here on the ponds it could be fun, plus it would be neat for my oldest granddaughter (7) to start to learn, my son bought her a nice single blade paddle down at Collinsville Canoe.....(her other Granddad thinks kayacks are the way to go)
I do have this weakness for Chestnuts, in my minds eye I see them on far northern rivers and lakes, pulled up on some granite while camp is set up, everything else I see sitting on a mantel or fine trimmed lawn.
Too bad you are so far away, but you need to get a trailer and make the trip to stock the shop racks, we'll worry about the Chestnuts later.

I have that 13 foot Huron I'm working on...

Have a boat trailer that we may convert to utility/canoe trailer since the 16 foot Crestliner sitting on it hasn't seen water in the 2 years I've owned it.

With what you saved by not buying those 2 Chestnuts down your way that provides gas money for a trip to WCPP next year. Hint hint.

There is one boat here that "looks" like a Chestnut and the price has dropped by more than half in a month. That might yet fill the one empty rack space I have.

Back