• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Who's going to Paddlefest in Old Forge?

In my experience at the event, if you like multi colored kayaks being marketed to the 20-something crowd, that's the place to be. There are canoe vendors, but the attitude is overwhelmingly geared toward kayaking and young spenders.

I've got to drive through Old Forge on Sunday as I make my way to Raquette Lake for a two week class. Hopefully I'll just be able to move on through town and avoid it for the most part. At this point I really don't need any more gear so there's really no reason for me to stop.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I'll be there Friday 'til Monday. My 16yo granddaughter spends most of Saturday test paddling SUP's so it's worth the $20. And it's one of the few things she still enjoys doing with Grandma & Grandpa. I don't 'need' any new gear, but wanting is a whole nuther matta. If I just went to the local gear shops and bought stuff, my wife would not be happy. But at Paddlefest if I express interest in something, she buys it for me:D. Been going since the Inlet days and have only missed 2016 and since I retired, my wife goes with me and we do other things when there (great dining). As for the multi-colored kayaks, I just ignore them.

I'll be there, on the beach Friday and Saturday with Swift Canoe and Kayak test paddling, then back at the shop Sundat to escape the joy riders. We'll have a carbon/Innegra TeXtreme 16 foot tandem canoe with integral rails and all carbon trim on the water as a tester.

Back