• Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🇲🇽🎸💃🪅🌶️

Video: Time in a Canoe

Reaction score
Here's how day two started out on French Lake Saskatchewan. It was a very peaceful solo trip out of Missinipe, Saskatchewan.

Nice, really enjoyed that. I have become a big fan of canoe tripping videos and find them a great way to pass time between trips.

What is the camera you used? I had a nice clear picture at full screen.

At 66lbs you made that canoe look alot lighter when you lifted it with a pack on.

I was also impressed with your editing and shots, Thanks for sharing this, any more in the works?

Beautiful film GRS. You captured a tranquil trip perfectly. Welcome to this forum, and thanks for sharing.

I enjoyed your video, the scenery was awesome! There does not seem to be many of us tripping solo in tandems. That was cool to see as well. Welcome to Canoetripping, keep the videos coming - they keep me hungry for next season!

Bob.

Wow soo many great videos ! And It's not even below zero outside ! This Winter is going to be filled with great reruns, and that's just fine with me !
Thanks !

Jim

What is the camera you used? I was also impressed with your editing and shots, any more in the works?

I used a GoPro Hero 3 silver. I filmed in 1080 30fps Narrow with a bendable-leg tripod. The editing took a lot of time, thanks for noticing! There will be more.

To Sweeper: Thanks for the welcome.

To Odyssey: That trip was tranquil during the mornings.

To Bob B.: After it's filled up with gear there's still room to take a nap.

To Jim Dodd: I agree, canoe videos help fill the emptiness that frozen waterways create.

Thanks for the comments.

I also know those videos are a lot of work, and I can appreciate the effort !

Thanks Jim Dodd, and well worth it too having a video reminder.

My Self Reliance, thanks for the comment.

Thanks for sharing your video. Just curious...did I notice you portaging in sandals? I couldn't get a good bead on your footwear and wondered about that. I hope the roots & rocks aren't too bad if that's the case. I'd hate to stub my toe(s) while carrying a canoe.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

More posts just like this one please! Made the family drop what they were doing and watch. What a fantastic video.

To Rippy: Thank you for watching.
To Snapper: Yeah, they're sandals. I omitted some footage where I'm washing the muck off them and my feet. No stubbed toes that time.
To Mama: Wow and thanks for the nice comment. It was a fantastic trip.

BTW...I envy all you folks who can still get down and kneel on both knees while paddling. Lots of years with bad knees, and now a replacement, has kept me off my right one for almost 40 years now. Thankfully I can still kneel on the left one and extend my right leg out but I still miss the old days of being down on both. Continued good paddling in your years ahead and thanks again for the video.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Back