• Happy Birthday, Liberace (1919-87)! 🤵🏻🎹🕎

Video of 4 days solo at Marshall Lake, Ontario

Reaction score
After the group trip I spent 4 days solo at Marshall Lake, 1 day paddling, one day resting and one day wind bound. The fishing was best on the trip out wouldn't you know. Here's a video of the little trip. If you find the music annoying just turn down the volume.:rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/Ba5A7u8iEQs

Very nice, makes me want to take a trip up this weekend. You're a brave soul with those treble hooks, I would probably end up looking like a punk rocker with a variety of piercings everywhere.

Nice video, the music worked well. Wasn't sure what expect when you started into the brush.

Great nature, great attitude, great filming - and a darn cool canoe trolley!

Robin, thanks for the share and for the extra effort it takes to shoot that when you're by yourself and to put it together afterwards! Which GoPro do you use?

Geeze, they just keep getting better and better. I've got a new favourite video for long winter evenings, thinking about-missing-planning for- tripping. You put alot of effort into this Robin, and it shows. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks, it's a Go Pro 3 silver. I have a 16gb card and a smaller one, plus 4 batteries, and Wi Fi remote. Lots of setting up and back and forth paddling, but I it's a new faze of canoe tripping for me, it really extends the trip and I really enjoy it. Both on the water and at home editing.

Sometimes I wonder if it's a little too much "look at me" but what the heck, from the comments I get from folks it's worth the effort and it's a fun hobby.

So, you have like 4 GoPro's now eh? Excellent work once again Robin.

Me thinks I need to make a return trip to Marshall and Gripp next year, maybe make a go for Faubert too.

Nicely done Robin. I need to do my self favour and do a solo trip.... Maybe when I get my W/C canoe!!

Really enjoyed the video, especially the fishing and the paddle by parts. Hollywood can't have you because you are needed here.

Great video Robin. Always envied and enjoyed your style of solo tripping. Keep filming and sharing your adventures please. Are you planning another fall trip soon with your canvas tent?

So, you have like 4 GoPro's now eh? Excellent work once again Robin.

Me thinks I need to make a return trip to Marshall and Gripp next year, maybe make a go for Faubert too.
Thanks Mihun, the ride home across 11 puts me off for western Ontario for about a week or so, but I'm back checking routes, I even bought some Spam today just to learn how to eat on the trail like Memaquay!

Nicely done Robin. I need to do my self favour and do a solo trip.... Maybe when I get my W/C canoe!!
Yes you need to get a wood canvas canoe, your canoe rack has some impressive canoes, but it won't be complete without some cedar and canvas and a solo trip too.

Really enjoyed the video, especially the fishing and the paddle by parts. Hollywood can't have you because you are needed here.

Thanks LF it was alot of fun making those shots with my Go Pro, I figured I'd take the chance of appearing like a poser to give others a view of how nice it is out there in the Marshall Lake area.

Great video Robin. Always envied and enjoyed your style of solo tripping. Keep filming and sharing your adventures please. Are you planning another fall trip soon with your canvas tent?

Thanks Murat V You and Hoop are my insperations, plus a few other guys I follow on YT. I always think back to your poling video as the spark that lit my video TR fire.
Yes, I'm headed up to NY's ADK's (Lows Lake) the last week and 1/2 of October for a canoe in wall tent/wood stove deer hunt, more about the canoe trip and less about hunting O dark thirty till dusk anymore. (my sons supply me with all the venison I need)

Last edited:
What are you using to edit your videos, Robin? I shot quite a bit on my trip and need to do some work with it but am pretty unfamiliar with what's out there for editing software.

Alan

I use "Movie Maker" by Microsoft Windows, it's free and pretty easy once you get the hang of it. But there might be much better programs out there. I think Marten recommended Movie Maker to me.

Sometimes I wonder if it's a little too much "look at me" but what the heck, from the comments I get from folks it's worth the effort and it's a fun hobby.

Thanks for making and sharing such a nice video. What a wonderful place to go paddling - no signs of crowds there. As far as the look at me stuff, don't let those worries stop you from enjoying yourself and sharing more great videos. I'd rather watch a real person doing a real canoe trip than any of the junk and bad news that's on TV anyday. My husband and I watch other people's trip videos and read their blogs for entertainment all the time - since we have to spend most of our time in the rat race and only short weekends and a few short vacation weeks actually doing what we love. So thank you again for sharing.

It makes people like us happy to know we are not alone in our love of paddle trips and our love of the outdoors, and to learn about and enjoy trips and places we may never get to enjoy ourselves, and others we may want to try. I like reliving my own trips through pictures, my husband's videos, and my blog. I miss those times starting the minute they are over. This way the best of times lives on.

What a great quality video Robin! And what a great way to start my day. I had my first cup watching your video. It looks like you got that fish trolling thing down pat. I know it must have been allot of work to set up shots, do a paddle by, then retrieve the Go Pro. Thanks for sharing this (video and web site) with us. Dave

Back