• Happy Peace Officers Memorial Day! 👮🏽‍♂️👮‍♀️

Titanium leader

Reaction score
On a boring morning I made 3 titanium leaders. In additional to the tools shown I used a plastic jawed vise to hold the tubing while I used the file to cut it. The tubing is available at HobbyKing and Ebay and the wire is available on ebay search for Knottable titanium. The tubing is 1/16 th brass. I would explain how to make them but with this group I don’t think that is necessary.

20200418_092649 by magicpaddler, on Flickr

Most of my fishing is on canoe trips into Canadian parks. What I like to catch is walleye and lake trout with a bass or two thrown in. What I frequently catch are northern. I am not a diehard fisherman.

I'm not the greatest fisherman by any means. I have noticed that switching to a florocarbon leader has increased my walleye and bass success greatly. Northern don't seem to mind steel leaders, but from my experience it affects my Walleye success greatly. I also have not lost a Northern on a florocarbon leader yet, which really impressed me.

I'm not the greatest fisherman by any means. I have noticed that switching to a florocarbon leader has increased my walleye and bass success greatly. Northern don't seem to mind steel leaders, but from my experience it affects my Walleye success greatly. I also have not lost a Northern on a florocarbon leader yet, which really impressed me.

I think you are correct. I just hate getting bit off.

I think you are correct. I just hate getting bit off.

I fish extensively in Alaska, YT and Baja. Yes, the Flourocarbon is more abrasion resistant to teeth and rocks and may get you more bites when the fish are not feeding aggressively.
Most saltwater tackle stores or catalogs have the sleeves in copper/steel/aluminum and wire can be bought in many sizes. Northern Pike and muskie can cut monofilament easily and yes the wire leader will hinder your walleye and lake trout fishing in most cases.

But I need some open water badly!

Back