• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

The Wedding Canoe

Reaction score
Well, took the plunge again on the weekend, had a big wedding. I've been working on our canoe for the Honeymoon for a few months. Finally got it in the water with the new Bride. Thought I'd share a few pics. We're taking it for a three or four day trip on Tuesday.

Just Wonderful! Congratulations to the both of you! Rob, you scrub up pretty well, is this going to your new canoeing outfit? And Irene there looking lovely, in that one photo where she's by herself in the canoe, I can hear that laughter all the way over here! You two are going to have a great life together and marvelous adventures!
God Bless you both,
Very Best Wishes!!!
Rob

What a great way to start a marriage!! Boat looks great, you two look happy...what more do you need?

Congrats!!

Remove the thwarts! Golly she looks so happy and who said you can't wear a dress in a canoe! Golly she looks so beautiful. Or shes.

Congratulations! Is an old joke appropriate? Man was looking for a wife. Puts ad in paper: "looking for good woman with a canoe. Send picture of canoe."
Looks like you hit a home run on both counts! Stay happy.
Dave

I was paddling on a local lake when I encountered a young couple paddling a very nice cedar canvas canoe, of course, I complimented them on the fine craft and asked who built it. He explained that it had been a wedding gift from his father-in-law who was a boat builder of fine reputation in the area. I turned to his bride in the bow and promptly asked if she had any sisters.

Last edited:
Those are beautiful photos of a beautiful day. Congratulations to the both of you. May you fill that canoe with great memories.
Brad

Wow ... does she have an older sister, somewhere in the 50-65 y.o. range?

What a Great post, and the reply's where pretty darn good too.

Very nice canoe, Beautiful Bride and one really Good Guy, Best of Luck!

Last edited:
Ha ha, thanks for the wishes, headed out tomorrow for a three day trip. She does have lots of sisters, but unfortunately they are unavailable for courting. I'll post some pics when we get back.

edited to clarify: I'll post pics of the trip, not the sisters.

Back