• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

The long paddle!!

Wait a minute ! Are those all paddles glued up, needed to be shaped ?

How about some Tool pics for shaping them ?

Jim
Yes, 9 white water paddles!! Main tool to shape the blades is a variable speed grinder with 60 grid sanding/grinding flapper discs

Looks great! Having a long paddle has completely changed my paddling. Mine is 93 1/2 inches long as stated in my previous post. It is my go to paddles. Both standing and kneeling! I can throttle down while kneeling and utilize the Northwoods stroke. The long blade offers so much power. It's impressive and fun. You will enjoy the long paddle for sure.

10B16C9E-4738-4CEF-A775-F4E9F99AB6C3.jpeg E0423375-CE24-480D-B48B-05BA97DBECDB.jpeg And I find another use for the long paddle. Passing a libation to your wife in a big canoe.

canot, I included the other picture to show the angle points on the upper shaft. When you choke up on the grip with your upper hand these angles let you know the orientation of the blade. I hope you can see it.

Attachments

• photo17699.jpg
    photo17699.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 4
Canotrouge,

I have not been on the site lately as I have been driving for UPS for a few months - tons of hours. Anyway, how did the paddle turn out? What are your thoughts - any final pics?

Bob.

It is sitting in a corner of the shop not finished and still lots to do on it... I have other priorities at this time so don’t hold your breath lol!

Back