• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Thanks!

Reaction score
Well, I was fortunate to call first on Boatmans offer for cedar strips. It was great meeting you and talking for a while Jim! I will be making a stripper for sure and posting progress. I'm not sure that the stars will align for a build this year, but it WILL happen.

Fitting 17 foot long cedar strips on my Mazda 3 was a challenge! Can anyone say Sanford and Son?
Yes, that is an extension ladder strapped to the roof... it worked well, as soon as the constant whistle became white noise. Lol!

Jim, I hope that the rest of your move goes well.

Jason

Attachments

• 20180428_112453.jpg
    20180428_112453.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 0
That's a good idea on how to move long lengths of wood, Thanks, I might use it someday. Meeting Jim on the road is special, I had the pleasure last year when he handed off an Old Town w/c canoe project just off I84 in southern Connecticut.

Start small end big !
The beauty of building a canoe, is the insight, you gain about your self. It all starts with a First step !
You will look back on it as you take the canoe out for it's First wetting. Then you will see yourself, in a different light, a brighter light !

Good luck !

Oh, and know we are here to help !

Jim

You are welcome Latremorej. It was nice meeting you also. Good luck with the build when you get to it. I'm glad to pass them on to someone that doesn't have the means to make them on their own. Be careful thought I built one canoe then another and it turned into a 35 year career in boatbuilding. Always with the thought that the next one will be better than the last.
Jim

A ladder. Smooth. Uncle Red would be proud of ya.

I did the same ladder thing once for a 4.5 hour round trip. For some reason my attention focused, A LOT, on that noise of the wind through the ladder! Thought I was gonna go mad! I've never been so happy to get home as I was that day! Not sure if I will ever go that route again! Glad to see you survived the ride and have a nice bunch of wood to work with. Kudo's to you Boatman for offering it up!

dougd

Don't forget the pool noodles to protect the delicate edges.
Jim

Yes the noodles really saved the day! I hadn't quite thought it through completely!

Boatman disappeared while i was strapping things to the ladder and the reappeared a second later holding a bright pink pool noodle, which he then disected into bar pads to protect the strips from the sharp edges of the aluminum ladder!

Back