• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Tent screen repair

Reaction score
Howdie,
Took family on a trip for a couple nights and dog wound up putting small hole in tent screen. I have a piece of no-see-um netting that I gonna use to patch it up but just wondering if regular thread from my wife's sewing kit good enough to use. I assuming it is. Any feedback, advice, tips appreciated.
Thx!
Chris

I've used needle & thread before. There are also adhesive patches for tent mesh, but I can't say how well they hold up over time.

Thanks, yeah I've seen those stick-on patches but I think I'd rather sew on a square around the hole. The stick on ones might be just a little too small from what I've seen online. Hole about 3inches long and I think the stickons are just about that size. Need something a little bigger.

I just sewed the hole shut and called it good. That mesh stretches and if a little bunched up spot don't matter to you, then throw it up on the sewing table and giver a run through the machine on the zig- zag setting. Pins help hold it all together, some would suggest a little backing material to help hold the stitch. I didn't use it and the repair held up for years. Just fold the netting in half along the tear, so the tear is on the fold line, pin it together, and sew it shut.

Jason

Eta:

If your set on using the patch, set up the tent and zip the door closed. Then pin on the patch while it's at up. This will allow you to minimize the wrinkles and make adjustments. Then take the tent down and sew it.

Last edited:
No Title

Not the prettiest, but for what I'll be using the tent for I think it just fine. Didn't use patch...just zig zagged it like latremorej said. Went up the length of the tear and then down again. Thx again!

Attachments

• photo7416.jpg
    photo7416.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back