• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Spring greetings from Connecticut

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I live in NW Connecticut and have owned canoes for all my life including my first Mansfield 15ft from about 1980.
Just picked up a 1984 Old Town pack canoe to help me start my retirement years paddling and fishing on some of the great water we have surrounding us.

Although a long time owner, canoes are not an area of expertise so I am looking to learn from the collective knowledge of the CanoeTripping community.

Glad to have found you!

CT-Paul

Paul, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to the Account Details page in your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. Many of the site's technical features are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

I live in NW Connecticut

We have several members who live or have lived in NW Connecticut, including myself, or who live nearby In New York and Massachusetts.

Paul, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to the Account Details page in your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. Many of the site's technical features are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

We have several members who live or have lived in NW Connecticut, including myself, or who live nearby In New York and Massachusetts.
Hi Glenn,

Thank you,

Welcome, I lived in the Winsted, Ct area for many years before moving to Maine 4 years ago. Some very nice paddling opportunities in your area.

Back