• Happy Release of John Lennon's "Imagine" (1971)! 🌎✌️🫂

Something like a Bell Yellowstone

Joined
Mar 3, 2020
Messages
190
Reaction score
449
Location
Saskatchewan
Had a bit of a Marketplace score the other day, so I guess I’m going into canoe building mode soon. I really enjoy my wife’s Bell Yellowstone, can anyone recommend a model with plans that’s similar?
Unreal, they’d been using the planks for shelves for the last 50 years, not a knot in the pile, full1”x12”x16’&14’s
IMG_5265.jpeg
 
I'm not any help with regard to your request about canoe designs, but wanted to say that I admire your canoes and, based on the looks of that garage door, perhaps you raised hockey players.
 
I think I can still put my hands on the digital plans for this boat. When I was designing it I had a composite Wildfire available and compared measurements as a sanity check now and again. It's not a copy but it's in the same ballpark. Mine, as I recall, has more volume.


Alan
 
You might consider the Osprey. Osprey and Yellowstone have similar capabilities; both have good handling and very nice cruising efficiency for maneuverable boats. I sold my composite Yellowstone because I prefer the Osprey. I recently bought a (blue) Swift Cirrus; it has similar characteristics as Osprey and Yellowstone and does not give up performance but somehow Yost gave it extra stability.

20260912_122326.jpg

20260826_173154.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom