• Happy National Zipper Day (pat. 1913)! 🤐

SOLD!: 16' Chestnut Prospector- my sister is keeping the boat after all.

FOR SALE: 16” Chestnut Prospector Canoe rebuilt June 1986. Original build date unknown, but it looked very old and beat up. Southern Ontario GTA location. $2000 CAD obo.
Canadian dollars.

Ellen, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to the Account Details page in your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. Many of the site's technical features are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Good luck with selling that classic canoe.

Welcome to the site Ellen. Beautiful boat and, by the 2nd picture, it looks like it was actually used for overnight trips. Certainly seems reasonably priced... If only the economy in my house was a good as the news stations tell me it is, I'd take it off your hands.

(Just saw that you kept it in the family... that's even better.)

Last edited:
Welcome to the site Ellen. Beautiful boat and, by the 2nd picture, it looks like it was actually used for overnight trips. Certainly seems reasonably priced... If only the economy in my house was a good as the news stations tell me it is, I'd take it off your hands.

(Just saw that you kept it in the family... that's even better.)

Thank you very much Gamma1214. My father did a beautiful job of refinisihing it, and it was certainly a dream to paddle. So I'm thrilled my sister and her husband will keep it.

Back