• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Site Migration Schedule and Offline Time

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While not yet entirely firm, the migration from vBulletin to Xenforo is tentatively scheduled to begin in two days, on August 19. The site will be down and offline during the migration and much technical learning and work I have to do. I expect the site will be down for 3-7 days, so check back each day. It's supposed to reappear at this same URL. I'll post when the schedule is definite.

Sounds like a good idea Jim, I think that's what I'll do..........

Kesagami River 2021 - "Unfinished Business" (the salvage edition)

Follow me at https://share.garmin.com/grumpy starting Saturday Aug 21 to Sep 9 or 10

The backstory on this trip is a bit complicated, here's the really short version.

In September 2019 I set out for a solo trip on the Kesagami River in Northeastern Ontario,
Things didn't go as planned
I didn't finish
I last saw my canoe stashed in the bush 190km from the put-in

Flash forward.....
I will doing the same trip, tandem this time for the first two-thirds then hopefully recovering my boat and finishing off as two solos. The route ends just upstream from James Bay where we will get a boat shuttle to Moosonee, train to Cochrane and drive home to the hopefully no longer sweaty southern Ontario (with two canoes!).

As of right now, I'm not sure whether the migration will begin tomorrow or has to be rescheduled.

Glenn, you "friends" at Driven 2 should be able to set up a static notice page once the domain has been transferred and prior to the site fully coming back so that anyone who wanders by during the "dark" period will know that the site hasn't gone offline permanently. That might be able to reduce the totally offline state to just a few hours in the middle of the night.

Back