• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Shuttle Roads: Scary, Difficult, Long, Expensive or Otherwise Memorable

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to start off with a cheat and nominate for extreme scariness the Kinnaur Road along the Baspa River in northern India. With my acrophobia, I can barely even watch the video of driving this road, which gets worse as it goes on.

Stay on the left side of the road, apply the horn liberally, and trust in Vishnu.

My most memorable shuttle involved a bicycle and a bad map. I studied the map and determined that there was a road coming out of the state park that would shorten my shuttle quite a bit. Problem was, the map was wrong. Not only was there no road but a flooded woods on private land. Not one to backtrack, I pushed the bike through up to knee-deep water and eventually made it back to a road. The bike was festooned with water plants when I finally rolled in at the put-in where my mosquito-bitten wife was waiting to give me a tongue lashing.

Last edited:
you should try driving to Lake Obabika in Temagami, it eats oil pans, exhaust systems, shock absorbers and just loves tires, average time to travel 7.5 miles is 1.5-2 hours depending on your ground clearance- this video is AFTER being graded...
I'll be leaving for it in about an hour...

Looks good to me though shale is like razors.
Right now there are four miles of the Northern Road that require winching
It flooded badly covering the already insane two foot deep holes and bottomless mud.
We arent there but there was a Seboomook Dam release and a whitewater party. If the paddlers got there that is

Back