• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Sewing projects

So I say beware the sewing ....
I purchased Duluth pack sewing plans and looked them over. The plans all seemed greek to me and will require more understanding and education, but I know someday I will sew some interesting things, however at the moment I am thankful for your warning. I have enough going on right now to not jump into another rabbit hole. Maybe this winter I will sit down with the plans again and try and make some sense of the art of sewing. The last time I ever sewed was in Home Economics class in middle school. I believe I made a horrible pair of Bermuda shorts. Just like Mem said I wouldn't even know how to thread a machine at the moment. Your work is very impressive as are all the other interesting sewing creations on this thread. It is inspiring.

I purchased Duluth pack sewing plans and looked them over. The plans all seemed greek to me and will require more understanding and education, but I know someday I will sew some interesting things, however at the moment I am thankful for your warning. I have enough going on right now to not jump into another rabbit hole. Maybe this winter I will sit down with the plans again and try and make some sense of the art of sewing. The last time I ever sewed was in Home Economics class in middle school. I believe I made a horrible pair of Bermuda shorts. Just like Mem said I wouldn't even know how to thread a machine at the moment. Your work is very impressive as are all the other interesting sewing creations on this thread. It is inspiring.

I learned a lot from this Youtube channel, she breaks down the projects and makes the process understandable. As with everything else, once you understand the process, you can put your own visions and spin on things and I suspect JellyFish will be on your list of references if you start sewing stuff for camping.

Brian

My mother found my current sewing machine in the free swap shed at the local dump. I've just started learning to repair things. Making is a hope for down the road.

I also started going to the local sewing and vacuum store. This place is a real blast from the past. The folks are super nice and super helpful. I make excuses to spend money there - not many such mom and pop places left in this age of internet ordering and 2day delivery. Unfortunately I suspect when they retire the business will cease to exist.

Recently got bit by the sewing bug when doing a small tweak on my hammock. Now I got a heavy duty Singer and searching for projects. Honing my skills hemming pants and making hats. Preparing to start a project making a pair of shorts which will be the most complicated project thus far.

It’s exciting that this new skill can unlock unlimited possibilities for new gear and clothing. Hope to start understanding patterns better and the process so I can start adding my own concepts. Ultimately I’d like to make a custom fit under-quilt for my hammock.

Back