• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Sawyer 17' 9" Cruiser

Nice boat. Cruisers can haul. I have paddled them solo lots of times on overnight trips. Lightly loaded the lack of rocker is not as noticeable. Quarter big waves due to the sheer entry lines.

My brother used to be married to a nice looking girl from Ontario. She was a gymnast and really liked working on houses. She was 5'4' but really strong. We lived near Los Angeles back in the 1970s and Lezlie used to challenge men to arm wrestle for beers. She won at least 2./3s of the time, especially in Los Angeles.

Thanks for the photos.

I finally got around to doing my homebrew decal. The process was rather tedious but I like how it turned out. I used 2 inch 3M scotchlite reflective tape as stock. My cutting board now has secret cuneiform messages on it.

IMG_20200815_165558205scaled.jpg

IMG_20200815_201806787cropped.jpg

IMG_20200815_161525440scaled.jpg

Earlier this week a gent in Lexington, VA offered a free fiberglass 222 Cruiser up on the Roanoke Craigslist site. It was missing all the seats, thwarts etc and was just the bare hull and gunwales and would have needed some work on the exterior finish but the finish didn't seem to have the spiderweb of surface cracks some get after too much time in the sun. Nor did it seem to have too much in the way of deep gouges. Needless to say it didn't last long and I was about an hour late in spotting the ad.....

Best regards to all,

Lance

Very nice. My first canoe was a Cruiser. Fast and great to paddle. Just be careful in whitecaps and wave trains due to the sheer entry lines.
I would travel a long way to find a Sawyer Charger the 18 1/2 river boat that is 15 inches deep.

Last edited:
Very nice. My first canoe was a Cruiser. Fast and great to paddle. Just be careful in whitecaps and wave trains due to the sheer entry lines.
I would travel a long way to find a Sawyer Charger the 18 1/2 river boat that is 15 inches deep.

You might look at the Clipper Sea Tripper--18'6", 15" deep http://www.clippercanoes.com/sea-clipper/. I have what may have been the pre-cursor to it, a Clipper Jensen WWIII (yes, III, not II). I've never seen reference to it, but that's what the plate says. It's a big boat, but fast.

Back