• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Replacement fastex buckles

G

Some time ago I saw an ad for replacement fastex (side-release) buckles. They attach with a screw that goes through the loop on the strap that held the original buckle. The screw enables one to replace the buckle without cutting the stitching that forms the loop.

Does anyone know what these are called or where to get them? Web searches are turning up nothing useful.

Thanks,
Dave

Did you check Seattle Fabrics. I'm not quite sure of the buckle you speak of. Picture?

Ragged Mountain Sports in Intervale NH makes outdoor gear and has a basement full of all sorts of buckles and parts for packs. I wish I could name the "thingamajig" but can't. For sure a name would make a phone call easier

Thanks, YC, no soap either place. The only name I can recall is "replacement fastex buckle."

Gavia, thanks very much for that info. I never knew these existed. My nephew has a broken buckle and I have passed the link on to him.

Great idea Gava, Thanks for the link! You know, those little snappy buckles are made all over and in all kinds of quality; I'd bet that the Sea to Summit replacement is really top quality so once you've fixed it, you shouldn't have to deal with that again!

Thanks again!
Rob

Yep. That's what Ragged MT has. But it's nice to know many places to gamer parts. Campmor in NJ has maintenance items too in case anyone is looking

Back