• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Possible shop projects

Mike, Every dang Time.

I'm in Cooterville NC and will be for a spell, otherwise I'd take a roadtrip just to see what they have. Some cool bots there.

That's an interesting list of boats and for what look to be reasonable prices. Good find.

Alan

Boy I wish it was closer to home !

Ready for a road trip Alan ? ;)

Jim

Some one I thrust and know a thing or two about boats and especially about some of these boats told me that most of the boat from that company are really neglected and abused.... Just saying!

yep. I elect you to check it out. You are closest.

I sent an email to them, I'll see what happens.

I already have 4 canoes in Maine, 3 MR's and an OT, all Royalex, to restore, and that Spectra if it works out, plus that no name 17'2" royalex I picked up last week behind the barn here..

I'm living the "Ya never have enough canoes" retirement dream:cool:

So I have a 11 am appointment to look at those mini trippers. If anyone has any interest in any other canoes on the list, I can check em out and take some pics if possible.
I'll be on the road at 9am.

I would like at least a picture of the best repairable Kevlar /wood. If you think of it ?

Otherwise enjoy the trip ! I'd love to tag along !

Jim

What a waste. The guy flat out lied to me about the condition of the canoes. They must have layed out in the sun from day one, they where so bleached white, you couldn't tell the colors of the canoes. The two I looked at (mini trippers) had holes in them, cracks from being pinned and the surface felt like 100 grit sand paper.

I was so pissed off after driving 100 miles I told him his canoes where junk. He said if they where good he would have been asking $500 rather than $100.
I bit my tongue and left.

I should have asked for pictures, but he sounded so honest I just trusted the guy. No more, no pictures, not interested.

Avoid Champaign Canoes

That sux, I am genuinely sorry I posted.

Not at all Mike, a good lead where I tried to score some good hulls. Thanks for posting it. I have dealt with quite a few canoe folks and I guess my positive experiences in the past let my guard down. I should have been more cautious and demanded pictures, better answers to my questions, but it sounded so good.
Heck, it was a nice day for a road trip.

I tried to bring up a red flag with my post, but I guess it didn't help...

I understand that Robin, I didn't mean to tell you what to do or should have done. sorry!

Back