Well I asked my wife and she said before or after she retires which offers hope. Other wise she said 20% which I thought was high. Then I read to her recped's reply about his S.O. and she said that sounds about right. I feel your pain recped and hence while I often paddle alone.My S.O. is "really" into paddling under the following terms......
- The drive to the put-in should be fairly short
- The organizing of gear and food is done by someone else
- The choice of destinations is done by someone else
- Any portages must be short
- On any portages the carrying must be done by someone else
- The weather must be right, not too cold, not too hot, no rain allowed
- The campsite (for overnight stays) must be nice
- Camp must be set up by someone else
- Bugs are not allowed to be present
- While on the water the paddling must be done by someone else
- Preparing of meals must be done by someone else
Someone else must also maintain a pleasant attitude at all times from the moment they say "let's go paddling" to the eventual return home.
"Someone else" in this case prefers to paddle alone or with those that have fewer terms and conditions!