• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

Poison Ivy Relief

Other than small plastic granules (which are not chemically reactive but might have some mechanical scrubbing effect), the ingredients in this product are just some common detergents/surfactants/foaming agents/alcohol compounds, a ph raiser/preservative, water and gelling agent. It's essentially a mild soap in gel form.

All of these ingredients are found in numerous common household toiletries/cosmetics you've already got laying around the house. So I can't see why you couldn't get the same effect, if any, by washing the rash while rubbing vigorously with a wash cloth using soap, rubbing alcohol, shampoo and your or your wife's makeup remover; you'd probably get the same result (if any) for a lot less money. Obviously out in the bush there is a convenience factor to having it all mixed up and in a tube -- assuming it works.

I'm not saying this product doesn't work but it has not been clinically proven to do anything for poison ivy, etc.. And for all the glowing testimonials on the website, there are also plenty of negative reviews on the web saying it didn't work.

So, caveat emptor!

Other than small plastic granules (which are not chemically reactive but might have some mechanical scrubbing effect), the ingredients in this product are just some common detergents/surfactants/foaming agents/alcohol compounds, a ph raiser/preservative, water and gelling agent. It's essentially a mild soap in gel form.

All of these ingredients are found in numerous common household toiletries/cosmetics you've already got laying around the house. So I can't see why you couldn't get the same effect, if any, by washing the rash while rubbing vigorously with a wash cloth using soap, rubbing alcohol, shampoo and your or your wife's makeup remover; you'd probably get the same result (if any) for a lot less money. Obviously out in the bush there is a convenience factor to having it all mixed up and in a tube -- assuming it works.

I'm not saying this product doesn't work but it has not been clinically proven to do anything for poison ivy, etc.. And for all the glowing testimonials on the website, there are also plenty of negative reviews on the web saying it didn't work.

So, caveat emptor!

Yup, very telling that when you go to their "OSHA" page there are NO facts, but a lot of testimonials, I can't even find a WHIMIS page!
the ingredients sound a lot like any other detergent- based soap or hand cleaner.

Years ago after my second reaction to PI, I doctored here in town. I was given Cortizone injections that did nothing. I soaked in a tub filled with water and oat meal ! That didn't work. Neither did Calamine lotion. The other over the counter remedies failed also. Finally found a Dermatologist that gave me an injection that worked ! A Decadron ????

It was many years later, while on a river clean up, I again started Blistering. They gave free samples of ZANFEL, I tried it and it worked ! I have several tubes of this, only because it worked for me ! I'll keep it handy any time I'm anticipating getting into PI.

Jim

Back