• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Placid Boatworks SHADOW for sale

Reaction score
Two year old Shadow for sale $1800. High sliding seat, "Red" color, which is more like burgundy. Very few scratches-all superficial. High seat makes it ideal for either a single or double blade. Located in NE Pennsylvania. Might be interested in a trade for a Hemlock Kestral or a Placid Rapidfire. Photos available.
Call Dave at 570-409-6553 with any questions.

Shadow is a screamer. I would have bought one if I could figure out how I could pack it with a barrel.. Great day boat though.

The Shadow and I have done a good bit of ADK tripping in the past two years and it's been a joy. Perhaps it's time to design a squeezable barrel. I use a more flexible pack which nestles snugly behind the seat.

The Shadow was designed with pretty much one main task in mind... to win in the Adirondack 90-miler race, in the class that was created for the Rapidfire and similar boats. And it succeeds exceeding well at that task. I have paddled a Shadow for a few hour jaunt at PBW. I is a sweet boat that I wish I had, because gives me a heck of a workout as it beats my Rapidfire in the 90.... the PBW boys entered five of them one year, left the rest of us in RFs way behind. But it is a little cramped for multi-day tripping.

Dave, I viewed your video that begins with the Shadow... very nice (great sounding bells too). Glad to see you are a single-blade paddler in that boat. A visit to Shohola and your operation would be tempting.

Last edited:
Two year old Shadow for sale $1800. High sliding seat, "Red" color, which is more like burgundy. Very few scratches-all superficial. High seat makes it ideal for either a single or double blade. Located in NE Pennsylvania. Might be interested in a trade for a Hemlock Kestral or a Placid Rapidfire. Photos available.
Call Dave at 570-409-6553 with any questions.

Dave -- Any chance this boat is still on the market?

I'm not Dave but I am the person who was fortunate enough to pick it up from him. I'll let Dave explain the details but if his sister doesn't end up getting the other Shadow in his fleet, he might still have one available. You might want to PM him to see if there's any chance of that happening.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Back