• Happy National Nurses Day! 🛌👩‍⚕💉💊🎉

Picking up a Cronje

I've got a Nova Craft Cronje in K/S - red with ash gunwales and cherry seats & thwarts. I really like it as a tandem cruiser. Fast. Nice lines. Tracks very well. When I ordered the canoe I had them lower the seats a bit, and I also had the bow seat position changed slightly - the back of the seat is 34" from the centre of the yoke, which provides enough room for gear, as well as comfort for the bow paddler given the narrow entry lines. I find that because of the more rounded hull, I have to be more particular about trimming the Cronje than I do with my Prospector, especially if my paddle partner outweighs me by quite a bit (not too hard to do).

Two novice paddlers will likely find the Cronje a bit too "lively", but put a couple of experience canoeists in 'er and she's a beautiful ride. You've got yourself a sweet boat, and I'm sure you'll be paddling it with pride before long. Congrats!.

I picked up a second royalex canoe that better suits my needs (a 16' Esquif Prospecteur).

The Cronje in this thread is up for sale, $1400. I'm still after another 17' royalex tripping canoe like a NC Prospector, may take one on trade.

IMG_0329

IMG_0323

Brought it home this morning, like most of the canoes I buy, this one was only a short 25 minute drive away.

It was sent out by the previous owner for a full repair job at a local shop. Repaired yes, fully restored.... no,.. but that's fine for me.

Brand new canvas, never touched water with authentic Chestnut filler mix.

IMG_0326

The only sore spot on the work is the sloppy but typical scarf of the inner gunwales.

IMG_0328

The varnish on the interior needs a little attention too but otherwise she's ready for work.... pending snow melt :)

Back