• Happy Birthday, Gary Cooper (1901-61)! 📽️☝🏻🕛

Photo of the day

Let the caption contest begin!

In the days before SmartWool; somewhere deep inside the belly of Woodland Caribou Provincial Park...
Following yet another hardly satisfying meal of sodium enriched dirty rice & fish skin, our chief paddle porteur took a well-earned break to reflect upon what in heaven's name made him sign on to such adventure and also a feeble attempt to dry his evermoist synthetic hosiery as the soles of his feet had begun to foul.

Attachments

• photo10573.jpg
    photo10573.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 1
Algonquin park fall color at peak today... photo this morning, from the APP website.

fall_2018-10-04_km16_L.jpg

fall-colour-report.php

Stephen Colbert's vid on Canadian marijuana tourism starts off with a canoe... not tremendously funny (there are much better political cartoons out there) but the Ministry of Tourism won't object to the cash flow that's being forecast. Marijuana in Ontario is only available online at the government cannabis store at the moment, with privately-owned stores selling it starting sometime next year. And the feds have already stated that smoking will be fine in Parks Canada campgrounds, not sure about provincial parks. What's that skunky smell?

This photo is of my brother taken somewhere in Ontario's Turtle River Provincial Park. I remember waking up that morning finding moose tracks in far too close proximity to the tent however we both slept sound through night #1 having half a jag from sharing a pint of something most likely cheap and gross.

Can anyone come up with a clever caption?? I've got nothing.

Peace

Attachments

• photo10689.jpg
    photo10689.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Woodland Caribou: Day #1, Portage #1

Note the enthusiasm.

It's all downhill from here...

Thanks my friend for the glamour shot and letting the rest of the forum privately chuckle at your expense.

He He He

;)

Attachments

• photo10696.jpg
    photo10696.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 1
Definitely Duluth. Back then it was the only pack any of us were aware of and pretty much all we saw. Beautiful, solid packs that last forever. Use em till the leather cinches are stretched out enough to convolve the entire bag. Well...maybe that is an embellishment. When they come up for sale on C.L. they generally demand high dollar however used to be able to find them at garage sales for cheap. Would imagine still can but have not looked in a while. I lived in Duluth for a year back in the late 80's and if memory serves their factory and storefront were one in the same?? Could be wrong. Their current Canal Park retail outlet is a must-visit if ever in Duluth but for this 99%-er it is only window shopping.

It didn't work ! It's making me lonely for Soft gentle breezes, and a paddle in my hands !

Jim

Back