• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Photo of the day

Happy Vietnam Veterans Day to you Robin and to any other Vietnam Veterans.
Still on my bucket list to visit you and some of the places that I have read about in Maine. Want to be sitting backwards in the bow of your big freighter when you catch a big square tail or landlocked salmon. Of course, I want tell you about the time back in the day, there we were……….

Last edited:
“How bout that first "real" meal feeling after 9 or 10 days out?”

Tryin’ I’m a meat eater, and a fan of roadside diner breakfast specials called “The Lumberjack”. I ain’t no vegan-tarian.

And when I come off long trip I lust after an all-you-can-eat. . . . . . .salad bar. Preferably a well-stocked salad bar, maybe a Ruby Tuesdays.

In a pinch I’ll take a Pizza Hut. “I’ll have the salad bar and a large pepperoni pizza”. The pizza goes largely untouched and into the cooler in the tripping truck for cold pizza road snacks. I’ll wear the carpet out making trips to the salad bar.

My favorite post trip truckstop meal (Nordine’s Hwys 45/2, Watersmeet MI) is the 18-wheeler - 6 eggs, 6 bacon, 6 pancakes. In reality my near 75 yo digestive system can’t accommodate that input anymore so I go with the half stack and fruit side.

“Shouldn't every campsite have a pocket beach leading to a flat rock in the sun?”

Goonstroke, my wife would be all over that sunny rock or beach. She is a sun seeker, I’m a shade finder (or maker), and any campsite we chose has to have a combination of both sun and shade.

A large number of the in-camp photos I have of her are prone and baking.

IMG017 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

IMG003 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

IMG008 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

Yes, we bring inflatables on lake trips; my boys would swim and play in the water for hours at a time.

Back