• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Ontario MNR Crown Land Atlas site working?

Reaction score
I've been trying to use the Ontario MNR crown land website for some days now. When zooming from the provincial map to a higher level (say the city level) I get just a blank white screen with the town names but no overlay data. Checking the layers on the right and hitting refresh map link doesn't change a thing. I've tried 3 browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera) and get the same result in all three.

Anyone getting this site to work on their end?

Dave,

It's working fine. I just tried it out.

You're actually the third person in recent weeks who's described the very same problem. Two of my YouTube subscribers related the very same thing in the comments section of my video about how to find Crown Land. I suggested various things that might be the problem, but one of them finally got his problem sorted out. Here's what he wrote:
"strangely enough it had something to do with the aspect ratio on the wide screen monitor I was using, as soon as I reduced the width of the screen bingo."

Could this be the case on your end? If not, try this:

Click on the 'Layers' tab on the right-hand side of the screen, and make sure you have the relevant layers checked from the list of check boxes, including:
Primary Land Use,
Overlay Area,
Small Crown Parcel,
Indian Reserve,
National Park,
Other Federal Land,
Private land.

Hope this helps,
- Martin

Thanks Martin! Your Youtube subscriber was right. I've got a wide screen monitor (1920 x 1080) and as soon as I lowered the resolution to the next available level, the site started working again. Would've never figured that out on my own.

Back