• Happy National Nurses Day! 🛌👩‍⚕💉💊🎉

One Click Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Due to political postings under the thread "Keeping Busy At Home" by Robin I needed to delete what I thought was just the post but instead I deleted the entire thread which was a great thread about Robin's new start in Maine. This was my mistake to address an issue that should not have been posted in the first place but was. My apologizes to Robin and the entire community! With that said I have stated here openly that politics has no place on this board! Period! If you feel the need to rant about anything political go to other boards to do so! Period! I did contact the new Admin, DaveO and he is on board with me and Robin as well when it comes to this so if you feel the need to get into that arena take it elsewhere.

Again, my apologizes to Robin and everyone else that contributed to that thread.

dougd

I I think it’s important, nay, essential, to prohibit political and religious references and topics on this site. People certainly have strong opinions, and there will never be unanimity. For example, you might think that everyone agrees that Kevlar felt skid plates are ugly. But you would be wrong. The rivers I paddled in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia were all glacial outwash. Swift current and filled with boulders. It was a matter of course that Royalex tandem canoes were fitted with such skid plates. When our club canoes were lined up on the beach, it was as though young Frenchmen were swaggering down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, resplendent in their jaunty berets. I thought the skid plates were quite attractive.

Last edited:
Thank You, No apology needed, we all know the rules, I’ll just start a new thread when I have something of interest, Thanks Admins.

I didn't take the time to read. I should have. I glanced at the pics. I 'm interested in the everyday. So sad this had to happen but so it goes.

I didn't take the time to read. I should have. I glanced at the pics. I 'm interested in the everyday. So sad this had to happen but so it goes.

Just to make it clear, I was not the person who ‘posted the offending remarks, it was only on a thread I started about a couple of Chestnuts I have been working on that the remarks where made, totally unrelated to the thread.

I I think it’s important, nay, essential, to prohibit political and religious references and topics on this site. People certainly have strong opinions, and there will never be unanimity. For example, you might think that everyone agrees that Kevlar felt skid plates are ugly. But you would be wrong. The rivers I paddled in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia were all glacial outwash. Swift current and filled with boulders. It was a matter of course that Royalex tandem canoes were fitted with such skid plates. When our club canoes were lined up on the beach, it was as though young Frenchmen were swaggering down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, resplendent in their jaunty berets. I thought the skid plates were quite attractive.

You're right. I do think that kevlar skid plates are ugly. And noisy.

Just to make it clear, I was not the person who ‘posted the offending remarks, it was only on a thread I started about a couple of Chestnuts I have been working on that the remarks where made, totally unrelated to the thread.

I didn't see the offending remarks but filed the whole thread under my mental Read Later. My big mistake. Never thought you posted anything other than good times in the shop.. I need to go sniff a canoe shop. One that deals in wood and brass tacks and not one that deals in stinky Kevlar skid plates

While I strongly support prohibiting and nuking political posts, I confess that I wouldn't vote for any country's nuclear bomb codes to be controlled by vBulletin software.

I was in the park with my dog and I said to this guy "Which way are you going to vote?

" Democrat, " he replied. With that my dog snarled and bit him.

I carried on and I saw a woman, "Which way are you going vote? " I asked.

"Independent, " she said. My dog snarled and bit her as well.

As I carried on I met another man, "Which way are you going vote?" I asked.

"Republican, " he said. With that, my dog snarled and bit him.

My dog doesn't give a crap about politics.

Since people won't let this die, I will step forward and admit to posting the offending couple of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back