• Happy National Zipper Day (pat. 1913)! 🤐

Nova Craft introduces new fishing canoe

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Introducing the Lure, a compact recreational fishing canoe featuring a triple keeled, square stern design. This canoe is ideal for trolling on your favourite lakes and reeling in the catch of the day. The Lure is our response to your requests for a flat backed canoe. Featuring an aluminum transom for your outboard or trolling motor."

love to fish but this seems to be a "one trick pony" when it comes to canoeing. I'd much rather fish out of a more general canoe that is easier to paddle and not so activity specific.

It seems to be for folks who want a light canoe with a non-wood flat back for an electric or gas trolling motor.

Canoes with a squarer stern have been around a long time. They don't really paddle well and are not that great with a motor. I would rather have two boats. A drift boat is the best compromise I have seen for lakes and rivers.

Drift boat weigh around 250-300 pounds. They can be lined but not portaged very well. I pushed some over logs and beaver dams. They come with a trailer and flat bottom. The trailers are easy to pull and useful for hauling lumber and other things when empty. It is possible to retrieve a drift boat up a steep bank a long way with a winch. They can be launched almost anywhere.

Back