• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Northwest Woodsman

Reaction score
Here's a website http://nwwoodsman.com/ full of interesting stuff, from articles on canoe camping to pictures and video's and he even has a store. Interesting stuff for sale, and he walks the walk so you know it's been tested.
Nice site, good guy.

NorthwestWoodsman_685x448_zps34e22b8a.jpg

Last edited:
A great site, Robin. Big fan of his Youtube videos. Especially like his article on tumplines. It was his writeup and videos that encouraged my to try the tump method with a contoured yoke. Works really well for me although mentioning tumplines on other forums has started some pretty lively debates...

+1 on his site. I borrowed his take-down bucksaw design and added my own twists to them for the 2 I've built, and used his wannagan plans 2x as well (one saw and box here in LA, one set back home in NY). I've toyed with the tumpline idea, but don't have much opportunity to practice with one here (no portages to speak of), but i like his video on them.

I have bought a few small things from him as well. His videos got me interested in polling upstream from put ins to get away from the crowds.

Eric was an influence on me getting into poling too. He gave me some good advice early-on, and I still use the bronze pole shoes he sold me (those things will definitely outlast me). IIRC, he was a member at Solotripping - although he rarely if ever, posted.

I've enjoyed looking at his site over the last couple of years and over that time I've emailed him several times.He has never replied.Sure do enjoy the videos though
Tim

Back