• Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🇲🇽🎸💃🪅🌶️

NFB film from 1948, Across Ungava

Reaction score
Last edited:
Holeeee look at the sagamesuk...hordes of the nasty little things. Manitoba is pretty much the same, being just on the other side of Hudson Bay.

I think my window of opportunity has closed to be taking trips like that but it is nice to watch.

Christy

"...On a still day when we stepped on shore we were greeted like long lost brothers, by thousands of mosquitoes and blackflies. You could practically hear them cheering."
I really like that NFB film. Retracing that route has it's appeal, except for that 20 odd mile portage.
Thanks Mihun, for this reminder how sedentary my own trips really are.

NFB is one of my fav sources for watching material like this. A few others to watch would be...

Warerwalker
Song of the Paddle
Cry of the Wild
Being Caribou
Finding Farley
Survival in the Bush

Great documentary. I really like that, trad gear and all!! I first I thought that there poles were a bit big and short, but figured out they were dual purpose and used in the tent set up!! NFB is a great source of inspiration and information, when I had my hands done, I watched a lot of there movies!!
Thank you for the link Mihun09!

A great read! I still have to look at the other link but have enjoyed reading it work for the last two days!

Nice link. Going to check out a few more on the NFB site. I loved seeing the air charter being a ex miliatry PBY flying boat...how cool is that?!

Back