• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

New Shop

Reaction score
No, I'm not in competition with Robin, I like his better but this one has some great options.

'Wood & Barrel Co.' has a new shop and it's worth coming out of retirement for, 'again'.
We have the whole 1st floor
P1270131.JPG
The yellow building on the left is a Brewery and the white one on the Right is the Eagles Club.P1270130.JPG
From the porch overlooking the Deerfield River.
P1270135.JPG
Downstream, the world-famous 'Bridge of Flowers'
P1270136.JPG
The best part is the stairs down to the river. Looks like the canoe will be on the car a lot more unless of course, I decide to paddle to work. I live 6 miles upriverP1270139.JPG

Awesome. Beats the crap out of the building I've been looking at. (no steps to the river... I'll have to carry 3 blocks)

Oh yeah, definitely paddle to work... Maybe keep a small outboard handy to assist on the return trip.

Interesting location, I wonder what life is like on the river. Busy? Quiet? Seasonal? You'll sure have a work room with a view!

Drift boaters and local paddlers mostly. Rocky moving water upstream and a small hydro dam just beyond the bridges keep the powerboats away. It is a popular town for tourism. There were two movies shot there Labor Day and The Judge that brings people in.
It's dead now and we're using this time to build inventory for hopefully a brighter Spring.

Sweeper, Years ago down in Vero Beach, Fla I had a friend who would walk a mile to the beach, a friends house to his catamaran and sail it about 6 miles to work and then back at the end of the day. Thanks for reminding me of that memory! Wish I could do that in my job!

dougd

So we moved most of the equipment today and talked to one of the women that live on the second floor, a nice lady who tells fortunes and reads cards. She said the other woman is a little Japanese woman who meditates like 2 hours a day.
I don't need the fortune teller to see we're going to have a problem when we kick on our 6" jointer or the 15" planer.
It will be fun while it lasts.

Interesting building, do you know the history of it?

So we moved most of the equipment today and talked to one of the women that live on the second floor, a nice lady who tells fortunes and reads cards. She said the other woman is a little Japanese woman who meditates like 2 hours a day.
I don't need the fortune teller to see we're going to have a problem when we kick on our 6" jointer or the 15" planer.
It will be fun while it lasts.

I like the waterfront location between the brewery and Eagles Club, but yeah, the other tenants could be a problem.

My shop is directly below the master bedroom. I get up four hours before my wife. I’d be a dead man if I ran some noisy power tool while she was sleeping. With the working from home thing I now need to ask if she will be on a phone call or Zoom meeting before commencing any noisy work.

I plan my stopping and starting work so that I can do quiet stuff early in the morning.

mike McCree I have the same problem at home but when it was warm out it was a problem finding something that needed to be done outside. Now it's a little tricky.

The problem I see with this new shop and the Japanese woman you don't just turn off meditation like a light it's more like a slow burn off of a Coleman lantern and if you spend that much time doing it, you want peace and quiet during your day.

Might not be the best for a fortune teller séance either. “Your late uncle is speaking to me, he buried his fortune in the GGGZZZZZKKKKK

WOW ! A Brewery next door , on the river, and main floor ?

Every builders dream !

We share a building at our Nokomis wood shop. We had to do a lot of sound proofing to keep others happy. It was worth it !

Congratulatuions !

Jim

Back