• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

New batch of No. 3 packs

Reaction score
Just finishing up a batch of 6 Duluth style packs and they're all for sale. $275 each without a leather tump, $350 with a leather tump. $22 shipping. More pictures and description below. PM me if you're interested

Stuffed pack thumbnail_IMG_0760.jpg

This looks like a No. 3 but I've made the flap three inches longer to provide better coverage for those who over stuff their pack. For this reason I'm calling these a No. 3+3. Another important feature of these packs is that I have pre-washed the cotton duck so you won't experience shrinkage down the road. This leaves the pack with a slightly weathered look, but I think that's attractive in its own right. Finally, I use a sewn on leather backer for the flap straps (see below). Most Duluth style packs are just riveted through the cloth, and this is where they tend to fail first. That's not going to happen with these packs.

Flap detail thumbnail_IMG_0762.jpg

Details
Materials: 15 oz cotton duck canvas.
Leather: premium quality 8-10 oz latigo leather
Rivets: #9 copper
Thread: 138 nylon
Size 28" wide x 26" tall
Colors: 2 black, 2 blue and 2 dark olive green
Hardware: Stainless steel roller buckles

Here are some more pictures.

Black pack thumbnail_IMG_0765.jpg

Green pack thumbnail_IMG_0761.jpg

Blue pack thumbnail_IMG_0763.jpg

Back thumbnail_IMG_0774.jpg

Below: This isn't a new tump but one from the pack I use. I make tumps to order so don;t have one on hand at the moment. I hope this picture gives you an idea of the quality of tump you would receive.

Tump thumbnail_IMG_0776.jpg

Standing with pack IMG_1978.JPGPack in Canoe IMG_1960.JPG

Last edited:
Well, I love my Duluth Packs, but I saw these up close, an outstanding bargain, very well made. You won’t find a better canvas pack at any price. That extra 3” is a great idea, along with the leather backing on the pack straps. The sewing is very professional, a great looking pack at a very reasonable price.

Very beautiful. I'm impressed. Unfortunately, well stocked on CCS and some Kondos at 72, so not planning on acquiring much new gear.

Looks great, Art. Is there a pocket on the underside of the flap?

Also, you might want to show a picture or two of the shoulder strap side and the tump.

Looks great, Art. Is there a pocket on the underside of the flap?

Also, you might want to show a picture or two of the shoulder strap side and the tump.
Good suggestions, Glenn. I have added additional photos to my post. Thanks.

Also, no pocket. No. 3 "map" pockets were not under the flap but on the inside face of the pack. I personally do not find the pockets useful and so have not included one. I certainly don't mean any offense to those who prefer that pocket, but I have committed to making packs that I would want to buy.

Art

Nice. I’d be down for one if I wasn’t transitioning to hybrid packs due to fractures.
Something like the Granite Gear Quetico is structured and has a nice hip belt to transfer the weight off your shoulders and to your hips. The sternum strap also helps transfer some of the weight to your chest. I used one on a lot of trips over four years and liked it a lot. Might be a good choice.

Back