• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Canoe portage pack! Frost river! Old # 7

Reaction score
FROST RIVER CANOE PORTAGE PACK! MODEL: OLD NO # 7

BOUGHT NEW! USED ONE TIME, VERY SHORT CARRY, JUST TO TRY IT OUT. LIKE NEW!

SPECS: 23" H. x 21" W x 6" DEEP. 4880 CU. IN. CAPACITY.

MANUFACTURED IN: DULUTH, MN.

Materials used: 18 OZ. waxed canvas (Water Resistant), Premium Leather. Solid Brass Hardware!

The bottom of the pack gets double canvas for extra durability.
All leather shoulder straps.
All leather cover & side straps. These are with adjustable holes and the buckles have rollers for easy adjustment.
Copper rivets.
Comes with Tumpline and waist belt to stop any movement while carrying. These are removable and replaceable.
It has two easy access external pockets located at the bottom sides. These have weep holes in them to drain any rainwater.
The top sides have extra flaps to extend. If you need to fit more in the pack you can tie them together, original rope is included. Then pull cover over to hold all in tight.
The two top side straps are overbuilt, they are used to make easier, when lifting the pack in & out of the canoes.
It comes with a large plastic bag for further waterproofing.
Please view the attached pictures.

This is not the largest of packs but possibly one of the most versatile.

A HIGH QUALITY PACK.

I THINK THEY STILL MAKE THESE, CHECK OUT: FROST RIVER. MADE IN DULUTH, MN.

ASKING: $250.00 + SHIPPING FROM: NORTHWEST, PA. ZIP CODE 16509

ANY QUESTIONS CALL: DAVE 814-449-7136 BETWEEN 10:00 AM and 10:00PM EST.

Attachments

• photo11888.jpg
    photo11888.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 2
  • photo11889.jpg
    photo11889.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo11890.jpg
    photo11890.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo11891.jpg
    photo11891.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo11892.jpg
    photo11892.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 2
  • photo11893.jpg
    photo11893.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 2
Pale shale, I'm not familiar with old # 7. It appears large enough to put some clothing and maybe a tent/sleeping bag in. Is that a fair assumption? If so I will buy it from you.

Hello Jerry: You could go to the Frost River web site for more info on the pack. they still are making them.

That's a fine looking pack, nice leather straps, waist band, side straps. If your into canvas and leather it's a great deal.

I had one, traded it for Duluth Pack's clone of the famous Woods Pack, just because I wanted to try the Woods Pack design. The Old No. 7 is a wonderful canoe pack. It held as much stuff as I wanted to carry of my personal gear, plus my fair share of the group gear on many week long canoe/fishing trips. If I did not have more No.3 packs than I will use up in a lifetme, I would buy this one for myself. I do believe that Frost River Packs are better made than the current production of Duluth Packs. Whenever I visit Minnesota I generally fly into the Duluth airport. I always make time to visit both pack stores to see and feel of their stuff. One store is near a Red Lobster restaurant, the other is across the street from the Duluth Folk School that has good coffee & assorted goodies that go with it.

pale shale, have not purchased something off the forum. How do I go about it ? Send you a check ? Let me know would you ? I have a friend that has one that I was not aware of and he loves it.

Back