• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

neck light

That's new to me. It looks like it would project light forward, but I don't think it would turn as you turn your head. I also wonder how stable and non-wobbly it is unless it clamps tight around your neck.

I rarely use a light of any type. 1 or 2 week trips and never use my headlight. None the less, this seemed interesting for some camp chores, like cooking.

I haven't tried that but I did get a 2 pack of these for $10.

They work great if you're alone but they blind anyone else nearby as the forehead strip is not directional. Also: the "wave your hand to turn it on/off" feature is kinda cool except that leaves & branches that you walk past are more than enough to activate it. (Made the predawn walk to the deer stand this fall pretty interesting)

I've always just put my headlamp around my neck for close-up work like tying fishing line or frying up bacon. It keeps you from getting a stiff neck.
Yes to this. I keep a small collection of headlamps around. One in my furnace room "workshop" where I look at the stuff to do, and the stuff to put off doing. One in the vehicle , so I can look under the hood and pretend I know what I'm looking at. One in the hall closet, just in case of a power failure, but those are way too much fun to waste with too much light. And 1 or 2 for camping. Mine are directional, so they work well to direct the bright beam downwards and away from startled faces. Walking around the place is made easier by simply hanging the headlamp around my neck.
Hands-free light in the dark is great, even when hands are idle.

Back