• Happy National Limerick Day! 🅰️🅰️🅱️🅱️🅰️

May 2017 Bowron Lakes Solo

We live in the woods of Maine with bear and moose but the dog is so old she doesn't wander anywhere..It is still snowing in the White Mountains here.( yes it snows through the summer from time to time). I thought dogs were prohibited on the Circuit. ( that is fine with me. I am not a fan of sleeping with wet dog or trying to keep an arthritic dog comfy camping.

Dogs are prohibited when the park is open. There is no one to say no during the off season. I always tell people to leave the dog home if it is not well trained.

My worry about the dog wandering is with the mountain lions and wolves, not the grizzlies or black bears or moose. Although moose are pretty scary. I was attacked by a moose once.

When I was a teenager my girlfriend vacationed in the White Mountains and brought me back a shirt. I wore that shirt for 10 years or so.

We adopted our dog a month ago. At 11 years old she is petrified of the canoe. She is a rescue. Her owner died. Not much hope of training her. She is also very overweight and does not like to walk far ( yet).. that is changing..

No Title

We got rain last night! A little lightening also, but a least everything is soaked now.

Here are a couple of pictures taken at 8 this morning from my yard looking towards the park.

Two friends of mine just came off the circuit. They were able to finish. People were turned around at the end of Isaac Lake by the rangers. Anyone near the chute were able to continue, the rest went back. People said there was a large storm and many lightening strikes all down Isaac, and both sides of the southern half were burning.

Attachments

• photo7417.jpg
    photo7417.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo7418.jpg
    photo7418.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 2
Don't give up hope yellowcanoe. I think you'll still be going. There has been too much smoke for the pilots to tell what has burned, but it is believed the fire went south east out of the park. We received a lot of rain last night and today. They should be able to see better now. Hopefully the fires didn't come down to the lake shore and the campsites are ok.

No Title

We're on the road just east of the park skies mostly clear. Much better than the choking smoke!

Attachments

• photo7487.jpg
    photo7487.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 1
7 days and done. No rain . No wind!! None! Smoke !
That gd second port from Kibbee to Indianpoint has taxicab size potholes.
Moderately busy. But only shared sites twice
Pix and TR later
Isaac Lake fire still sputtering. It's higher on the mountains. Not at waterside
On our return the parking lots mostly empty.

Back