• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

Lows Lake Sept 27/28/29

Thanks Robin.

We two are disappointed, but looking forward to hearing how the trip goes; what are the odds that Ted forgets his rain gear and you all go home with sunburns?

Last edited:
Hope you guys get Lows all to yourselves mid week. Sounds like a nice trip. When the timing is right, will try to hook up...right now, work. And yes...the LMB fishing good!

I am hoping to hit Lake Lila the following extended weekend Sunday-Tuesday if anyone interested...short trip, not a lot of sleep, but want to see what the SMB fishing like this time of year...they should be ravenous fattening up for winter, no?

Enjoy!

Looks like a small front coming thru Tuesday, clear Wednesday and Thursday, light winds. I hope the wind stays down for some fantastic paddling.

On another note, I carry a SPOT and if anyone wants to add an email address to send home an ok message, send it to me via a pm.

Looks like a small front coming thru Tuesday, clear Wednesday and Thursday, light winds. I hope the wind stays down for some fantastic paddling.

On another note, I carry a SPOT and if anyone wants to add an email address to send home an ok message, send it to me via a pm.
I get a cell signal in and out at site 21, it takes about 10 minutes, but I can send and receive Text messages through Verizon. The weather is looking pretty good. Bugs should be at a minimum with the frost this weekend.

Ted. Coffee cup so this time you don't have to drink the coffee that Robin shares on the water with your bailer
The canoe is mint green. Not pike green!

Hope you folks have a great trip. Finally some fallish weather. Due to complications we ended up going to St. Regis Canoe area instead of Lows.

I'm not too far away so if any of you run into problems my number is in the book and the last name is Fish.

Enjoy!!

I'm bring a reflector oven, if you want to try your hand at baking, find a recipe and put it to work.

Gear is all packed (mostly) and racks are on the truck. Get up early and rack the canoe, walk the dog (she'll miss me more than my wife), have breakfast w/wife then go to my Dr. appointment.
Hope to be on the road my 2PM. I'm so anxious for this trip that I probably won't sleep well tonight.

I'm leaving my ax at home to lessen worries that some wives may have:rolleyes:.

Jon

I spent the afternoon packing also, my wife has a ton of projects for me tomorrow, after all I'll be on vacation the rest of the week..haha, she's funny. I'm bring an ax to make a nice fire to keep the reflector oven hot!

Shopped for more food and figured out how to get my gear into a small canoe.

I'm headed north about 10 tomorrow w/hatchet.

You're killing me Sweeper. Killing me softly with the best intentions. Cool fry pan too!
Thanks Sweeper.

Nice picture.

This time of year we will no doubt have to travel from the campsite a little to find some decent firewood, no big deal. I have never used a reflector oven but have seen them in use. I have no idea of what to bring to cook in them, I'm usually solo and have a pretty simple menu. Any easy ideas for the reflector oven, something that will feed 8-10 people a quick snack. Maybe something off the shelf at the IGA as I need to pick up some bacon today.

The weather looks good, and the winds look to be s/w or s/e 7-8 mph which would make site 18 seem like a good choice. Hopefully we can get a good day trip in Weds or just sit around the fire and relax. To each his/her own. #18 has such a nice view of the lake and sunset, and has lots of room but really not great if the wind is howling.

So just a reminder, I'll be there at 9 am, shove off at 10 am for a leisurely paddle upstream to Lows Lake. I have my cart for anyone who wants to use it at the upper dam.

See ya at the put in. :cool:

THANKS Robin (& Bruce, Ed, Kevin). Despite my malady:(, was a great trip and I had a good time. Pulled away from the put-in about 4:50 PM, made 3 quick stops and pulled into my drive way @ 10:47 PM (+/- 330 mil) so I made great time. I want to thank you all for your assistance on the carry;).
Jon

I had a blast with you guys ! Lots of fun , great to fall into a bunch of boon companions at first meeting . Plus good weather ( albeit contrary winds ) & beautiful scenery . Thanks to all for taking up my slack. Look forward to getting together again , now that I have faces attached to names. Jolly Trip !

Back