• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Lows Lake Sept 27/28/29

No Title

It's all about having a legitimate reason to post. Let's hope a
monster hasn't been created!
Found three more when you guys were dropping off my forgotten
gear! Thanks guys would have missed it when I needed it and couldn't find it,
one of those things that nothing takes it's place!

Attachments

• photo5364.jpg
    photo5364.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo5365.jpg
    photo5365.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo5366.jpg
    photo5366.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 0

I wonder if Paul still has the apple green Nomad..the first one he made. Good to see someone getting a Nomad from him.. I don't NEED one of his.. still working on a 1991 Curtis Nomad.. But his are so sweet.. Otherwise I'd have that apple green one..

No Title

Mine is #2 and a thing of beauty, will post a photo. I sold my Peregrine and missed not having an efficient canoe tripping boat. Paul had an untrimmed hull looking for a home. He railed it out in curly cherry and it's really nice. He does such wonderful work both in the laminate and woodwork and a joy to business with. I prefer working with a "boutique" builder, he does this for the love of it.

Attachments

• photo5367.jpg
    photo5367.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 0
While I'm a dyed in the wool W/C lover , I have to say Eidolon canoe is stunning. Those cherry gunnels are beautiful & I'm sure technically challenging as cherry can often be difficult .

After the carry around the upper dam Ted thought he needed to turn back. He insisted he was fine, just a cautionary thing.

I am sorry I was not ready to make this trip.. Will it be an annual thing? Any thoughts on that?

I guess we will see what happens, maybe we can bring it up after the new year. It went well, the headwinds where a damper but other than that, I would like to try it again.

If we do go back there next year I'm bringing a shovel and a bucket to fill that sorry excuse of a fireplace

If we do go back there next year I'm bringing a shovel and a bucket to fill that sorry excuse of a fireplace
Picture please. So we can give you 1001 ways to rebuild it.
In Wabakimi we just dismantled what was there and found bedrock and built a 18 inch cubed fireplace. Three stones ..One each side and one back and a capstone
Mining was a beetch.

Site 18 has a lot going for it, great views, lots of space, nice beach, but besides being a poor hammock site, (hammocks, who knew :( ) , it's subject to cold northwest winds and a terrible fireplace or maybe "firepit" is a better name.

Someone dug a deep hole in the sand and walled it with rocks leaving a terrible situation to cook over. We filled it in with some rocks and built a fire over that, but it left a lot to be desired.

Lok like you guys had a awesome trip!!
(can't seem to see the pictures linked to this...)

Back