• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Late 1960's Chestnut Fox ~SOLD~

Reaction score
This boat was the second w/c canoe I repaired several years ago. Late 60's based on the serial number and the construction started to go to pot around that time. Outwales had scarf joints, not the inwales. It has had significant reconstruction done. Inwale tips, new decks, ribs, planking, new cherry outwales. Canvas is 10oz. Set up for solo with a cane seat I built for it. Original seats available, still have them I believe.

Yoke in the photo's is no longer in the boat, I have a new cherry thwart forward of center. All new hardware is Stainless Steel. Original aluminum stem bands.

14 foot long, 32" wide, 57 pounds.

$1750 Cdn.

Last edited:
A gorgeous and manageable boat. Forget the flaws and appreciate all of that beauty.

Feel free to offer more than the asking price, but I won't take less. Christine still questions my desire to sell it, since it is a rare beast, but if I'm going to collect boats I will go after more Morris'.

Excellent, I am happy for you, you deserve to be rewarded for your hard work. The canoe is a beauty and I'm sure the new owner will be happy. Now, on to Marshall Lake.

Back