• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Knife build / canoetripping.net fund raiser thread.

Great looking knife Rippy. Who ever wins it should proud of such a beautiful piece of kit!! And I hope it get used hard!! Good luck every one!!

dang, don't think I will be able to bring myself to cut the Spam with that beauty!
Don't even go there Mem. Several times you your self have taken a brand new Cedar strip canoe and tripped with it. Same story here. Who ever wins the Ripster needs to take it and make some memories with it and the rest of their gear.

12507601_1143913098976542_7388432219160894958_n.jpg

The swirly thingy on the 45 degree angle back of the handle is even nicer looking than the other side.

Well Rippy, I'm not a real big knife guy but I'm in as well and that is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, a true work of art! You out did yourself! I be proud to sport that but whomever wins it will definitely wear it with pride. Many thanks for your efforts and all the great responses, did a lot of laughing!

Rippy and Robin....I'm worried now. The new bridge in Nipigon, the only road bridge between eastern and western Canada, came apart today. This is going to really screw up our mail, as everything goes to T Bay first. They don't know if it will be fixed anytime soon. How will I get the knife when I win! I'm full of anxiety! They declared a State of Emergency in Greenstone, but what about the knife, my God, the Knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tis funny that the first cable stay bridge in Ontario fails on the first really cold day. It is still the ugliest bridge in Ontario. So if you win, they will need to re-draw for someone else since the pony express cannot get to you.

Rippy and Robin....I'm worried now. The new bridge in Nipigon, the only road bridge between eastern and western Canada, came apart today. This is going to really screw up our mail, as everything goes to T Bay first. They don't know if it will be fixed anytime soon. How will I get the knife when I win! I'm full of anxiety! They declared a State of Emergency in Greenstone, but what about the knife, my God, the Knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, but it kinda seems like an act of God to keep the Ripster out of your hands. Are you working with some bad karma that we don't know about? Anything that should tell us? Didn't accidentally leave a empty Bud Lite can on a first nations grave site did you? What did you do with the chilly infested underwear that you cut off on the trip?

Ummm....anything is possible, but I thought I paid off all my karmic debts during marriage number two.......just kidd'n, LOL, gonna have to be reborn a few more million times, but why should that stop me from having a really nice knife to accompany me through the ages? Who knows, maybe the Ripster will help me settle some karmic debt...maybe a rampaging bear will attack the Dalai Lama, and I will be there with the Ripster to fend of the marauding infidel. I wonder if the Dalai Lama goes on canoe trips? I should invite him. I wonder if he likes Spam?

Mem, my wife is looking at pictures of the bridge damage. Keep in mind that I married an Iowa farm girl (when the going gets tough, the farm girl gets going). She can't believe a little thing like a closed bridge would stop a knife winner from retrieving their prize. She is pointing out that the bridge is open to pedestrian traffic. Also in the aerial view I see a rail road bridge directly north of the road bridge. For God's sake eat some Klick and recover your manhood. This meatless madness has gone on long enough.

I'll deliver the knife to memequay no problem, but it may take some time. As I'll be coming from the other direction there'll be no broken bridges, washed out roads or obstacles of any kind to stop me. It may take awhile though, as life can get busy. Like maybe a spring canoe trip and perhaps a midsummer one too, and then there's autumn... Heck, I'll even "break it in " shaving wood, my morning stubble, or slices off a pound of double smoked bacon. I'll take lots of pictures of my sharp buddy and me. We'll develop an understanding, a bond, a seal of tripping culture that'll endure beyond years. And as October winds grow sharp and leaves turn crimson I'll load up for the drive ho...wait, where was I going? Oh yeah, north, to deliver my timeless companion to it's winning "owner". And then from out of the supple worn leather a steely voice will call out "Where do you think you're going?! After all we've been through?! Is this any way to treat me?! Don't you even think about abandoning me in the land of Bud Lite and canned luncheon meat. Just one more trip friend. Just one more." My tires will spit gravel before finding gentle traction on the highway asphalt as I turn south to ho...wait, where was I going? Oh yeah. Home.
I'll deliver this knife to memequay no problem, but it may take some time.

My daughter doesn't get it. Isn't the river frozen she asks? Doesn't he have a snowmobile she says?

There might be some truth to the meatless madness. I started wearing deodorant today, and yesterday I brushed my last tooth. I wonder if my wife is putting estrogen in the goulash, or if Klik withdrawal has triggered my long dormant urban hipster gene. I sure hope I don't turn into a vegan, cause I'll have to spend all my time on facebook telling everyone how superior I am, and the Ripster needs to cut meat, not carrots, goshdarnit! If I wake up tomorrow and crave a some kind of frozen mocha latte crap, I'm gonna throw my emergency can of Klik in the blender and make a Meat Smoothie mixed with a fifth of Jack Daniels! Thanks for the heads up Rippy, I almost lost my mancard!

Back