• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Jeep tie-down points

Reaction score
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee. There is absolutely no where, under the bumpers, to hook or tie any ropes, to secure a canoe.

Any ideas???

I use this type of tie down strap on the front. They fasten to fender bolts under the front corner of the hood. When needed you open the hood and pull up and close hood with straps sticking through hood gap. when done open hood, fold inside, and close hood.
x094529-F.jpeg

I made a set of these for my Patriot. I doubled the strap back on each end so I was going thru 4 layers with the grommet and added a fender washer on top when I bolted it to the car.

They work great and they're a cheap solution.

Yes, you can make them yourself very cheaply with 1" wide nylon flat or tubular webbing. Really no need for a grommet. You can poke/melt a hole for the machine screw to pass through the webbing by heating up an awl with a propane torch or heat gun and poking it through. I do use a fender washer on top and it is quite secure.

Yes, you can make them yourself very cheaply with 1" wide nylon flat or tubular webbing. Really no need for a grommet. You can poke/melt a hole for the machine screw to pass through the webbing by heating up an awl with a propane torch or heat gun and poking it through. I do use a fender washer on top and it is quite secure.

Ya, I actually make mine too the same way and use the fender washer to spread the stress. I didn't have a picture of my setup so I cheated.

Back